Corsair Community

Corsair 750D - Panel cover for front fans with mesh

PeterMac

@Corsair how about include second panel cover for front fans with mesh for users who need better airflow for GPU specially for SLI configurations, or selling as additional accesorium/part.

I know that you made front panel without any mesh to reduce nosie from front fans, but should be option for users to choose between front panel with mesh for maximum airflow and without it with little better silent.

Thank You.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my preview what Corsair should do with this case

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6473/vozf.png

Also what should be done/fix:

- power supply dust filter removable to the side not to back (many people have case near wall)

- side panels easy access with laches like in 650D.

___

Dear Corsair, if you plan to release new cases in future please contact with me first before release it ;) and I will check and give you some suggestions/advices first to make your cases even better :)

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I like about this idea is that the optical bays sit flush in with the front of the case. This way putting anything in the optical bays doesn't destroy the aesthetics of the case. All the pictures I've seen of anything in the the optical bays make the case look ugly. Also I would rather have only two optical bays. Just enough for a dual rad. I also think the the optical bays should be completely removable in case someone wants to put a 360 rad vertically in the front.

I could go either way with the venting. It should be sold as an accessory. I think it depends on which orientation someone wants to mount a rad in the bottom. I would rather keep the front plate as it is and have a horizontal 240 sucking up air from underneath the case (George already mentioned in a video somewhere regretting not having a fan filter there). If someone wants to mount a rad vertically in the front then the vents are nice because they would give a good view of either LED fans or the colored fan rings from corsair fans.

I'm with you 100% on this!!! Looks awesome by the way. Have you brought this to the attention of george or anyone at Corsair. Just got my 750d a few days ago and would pay top dollar for that front panel. Let's keep our fingers crossed I know alot of people are asking for improvements on this case but I think the mesh/honeycomb front should be top priority!

• 3 weeks later...
Damn bro looks good, how did you do that?

I used one of these hole punches:

http://img-europe.electrocomponents.com/largeimages/R548423-01.jpg

and used the diamond pattern on the inside as a guide for cutting the holes:

http://www.hozza.co.uk/750D/backfront.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also what should be done/fix:

- power supply dust filter removable to the side not to back (many people have case near wall)

- side panels easy access with laches like in 650D.

___

Dear Corsair, if you plan to release new cases in future please contact with me first before release it ;) and I will check and give you some suggestions/advices first to make your cases even better :)

Thank You.

Hey Peter

Thanks for giving me some ideas on modding front panel....

20140107_205252.thumb.jpg.142b6883fec9fe941f69d8b956d6519c.jpg

• 2 months later...
Check the Obsidian 450D :) finally front mesh, thank you Corsair ;): I hope this front will be compatible with 750D.

Me too that would be sweet! The case is a little smaller but it looks like it will. Can anyone confirm please if the front panel on the 450d is interchangable with the 750d? Thanx

Me too that would be sweet! The case is a little smaller but it looks like it will. Can anyone confirm please if the front panel on the 450d is interchangable with the 750d? Thanx

Need to find out aswell! i want some better airflow in my system, and it would be awsome if the 450d, front panel was compatible with the 750d front panel!

Need to find out aswell! i want some better airflow in my system, and it would be awsome if the 450d, front panel was compatible with the 750d front panel!

If it doesnt fit it would be nice if Corsair would make one for us identical to the 450d front cover. I'm pretty sure CorsairGeorge is aware that many of us 750d owners need/want this to happen. It wouldnt be too difficult to make and offer in the corsair store for say $15 or $20 or so.

I'm sure they would rather us to upgrade to a 760t or something but I have upgraded several Corsair cases already. Sorry but if I gotta do it again It's gonna be a caselabs.

If it doesnt fit it would be nice if Corsair would make one for us identical to the 450d front cover. I'm pretty sure CorsairGeorge is aware that many of us 750d owners need/want this to happen. It wouldnt be too difficult to make and offer in the corsair store for say $15 or $20 or so.

I'm sure they would rather us to upgrade to a 760t or something but I have upgraded several Corsair cases already. Sorry but if I gotta do it again It's gonna be a caselabs.

Well let's just hope corsair loves there customers... it's the small awesome stuff that corsair does, for there customers that we love. Lets hope corsair falls through for all the 750d owners, who'd love some front intake airflow. iv tested the airflow, with the front panel off , and on. With the panel on, there's little to no airflow, which begs the question why even have front intake fans if the front panel is that restricting? and with it off, there's so much more airflow, its a pretty big difference, and would be much appreciated. for people who need the airflow.

Soooo... i saw a vid with George with Newegg, and he said if we asked enough for something, or enough people wanted something, you would have no problem doing, so i hope your listening George! ;)

Well theirs tons of people (Including me) who are really wanting a front panel with mesh like the 450d , That we could buy on the corsair store, for people who really need the airflow.

i saw this pic on another thread about it. and it would fit perfectly , this is a perfect image of what corsair should do.

Go's perfect with the obsidian line! Another thing that would work is if, the 450D front panel is compatible with the 750D, if so i will definitely buy it! and i know tons of other 750d owners would to aswell! well anyways i really hope corsair can do something like this for us!

Obsidian 750D is really excellent case, but I think mesh panel would be much better too.

At least people could buy and change. Other thing what really miss to Obsidian 750D is small locks... But 450D is excellent case too and front panel is much nicer than on 750D.

But that option for XL-ATX and HPTX form factor is always welcomed.

Only I say big disappointment because no locks or some button on back side to side panel easy open or option as door on Caselabs and 760T. I support your demand for mesh front panel because 750D will be better than, better lock, better air flow.

I want this as well, I have to leave the front cover hanging at the bottom and carefully attach the push locks to get decent airflow when the system is idle, but when I run load on it, I have to remove the front cover to prevent staving the main fans of fresh air...

Archived