Corsair Community

Will CMZ4GX3M2A2000C10 work in GA-970A-UD3 ?

looking

Hi All,

I've had a tough time finding SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory for my GA-970A-UD3 Gigabyte motherboard and was just wondering if this memory will work with my motherboard ==> CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M2A2000C10

I tried using the memory configurator but it doesn't provide any information on my particular motherboard.

I thank you for your help and look forward to your response.

looking

Yes they should work. However your CPU only supports 1333mhz max so you'll need to overclock to get anything above that. Unless it's one of the new FX chips that support 1866mhz RAM. And even then you would need to overclock to get 2000mhz. You could always run them at slower frequencies though if you have to.

I haven't seen very many phenom's overclock above 1600mhz.

Hi Peanutz94,

The processor I'm going to is is a Phenom II x4 Deneb and it runs at 3.2 Ghz, here is more info:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Deneb

3.2 Ghz

L1 =512KBx4

L2 = 6MB Deneb

Architecture= 45nm

wattage= 95W

system bus = 4000

As to your answer=

"Yes they should work. However your CPU only supports 1333mhz max so you'll need to overclock to get anything above that. Unless it's one of the new FX chips. i haven't seen very many AMD's go above 1600mhz."

Clearly this chip will do 3.2 Ghz, what do you mean that it only supports 1333 Mhz?

Would you clarify what it is you are talking about now that you have all the facts?

I thank you and await your response.

looking

peanutz94 is talking about the memory speed, NOT the CPU speed. The memory controller is in the CPU and by design will only run memory up to a certain speed. To run memory faster than that, you need to overclock.

peanutz94 is talking about the memory speed, NOT the CPU speed. The memory controller is in the CPU and by design will only run memory up to a certain speed. To run memory faster than that, you need to overclock.

Thank you Wired, I do appreciate your information.

OK, so would there be any benefit to using the Corsair memory or going with the DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) a friend has suggested?

Will the speed efficiencies be so tiny as to be irrelevant?

I'm asking because I'm building this computer for my boss and I want him to like it, to be impressed with my skills. (yes, you can call me a glory hound!):D:

Anyhow,

I thank you for your reply and await your suggestions.

looking

If it's a business computer I'd go with 1600 MHz memory (preferably Corsair of course, eheh). Faster memory in general is for overclockers.

Dear Wired,

I thank you, you've answered all my questions. I will take your suggestion and go with the 1600 MHz memory.

Much appreciated!

looking

Archived