Corsair Community

XMS3 4gb 1333 problem with Asus P5QC

manolaren

hello.

i bought 2x cmx4gx3m1a1333c9 (2x4gb) memory for my asus p5qc motherboard but i have compatibility problems.

blue screen appears and then it restarts. i have upgrade the ami bios to 2130 but the problem remains. i raised the volts to 1.52 but the results was the same.

until now i had XMS3 1333 corsair memory in 2x2gb modules, without any problems.

is there any solution? ty

It's never recommended to mix memory . Two sets of the same exact part number can cause compatibility issues with each other. A single matched 8 gig kit would have been a better choice.

I would test each kit on its own with memtest86+ (link on the left) then test each stick on it's own . Let each kit/stick run for about 3 passes or until you get an error. And with ASUS boards you'll need to disable "usb legacy support" in your BIOS to avoid false positives. (asus MB only)

If they all pass then you can try raising the NB voltage .2v and set the RAM voltage to 1.6v and see if it will pass memtest after that.

you mean not to mix the 2 sticks or the 2 kits, because i used only the 2 new sticks i bought as a pair, not all together.

i ll try what you suggest, but asus p5qc can only accept 8gb ddr3 in 2 separate stick of 4gb max each one.

we will see what happens.

ty

Archived