Corsair Community

Can anyone make a recommendation

jclaydon1969

Are there any people in southern alberta that might be able to help me.

I wanted to get a new RGB case, but NONE of the designs I like have space for 5 1/4" drive bays, which means I'd have to get rid of my optical drive and card reader.

I have a Graphite Series 230T case. I bought a 3 pack of LL120 fans, but I would love to install RGB strips that I will be syncing to music, so it ultimately looks like a graphic equalizer along the sides that stick out at the front, but my skills for such work are at a level that would completely ruin the look I want to achieve.

any suggestions would be welcome.

• Corsair Employee

Kind of tough considering a lot of cases that best show off RGB fans generally don't have Optical Drive Bays.

You can go with a 450D or 750D. They're generally solid cases with ample room for 5 1/4" drives. You'll just have to make what people see through the side panel warrior really nice. You can slap on LED strips around the window to give it a nice glow.

760T wouldn't be bad either. It's side panel is a lot bigger so you'll have a lot of room to show off the interior.

Just get an external drive. You can use it on other systems that way as well. I'm not sure what part of Alberta you're in but Memory Express in Calgary carries a decent selection. I got my Asus Bluray drive and a Kingston card reader from one of the Edmonton stores and haven't had issues with either one.

A6hS9q.jpg

A6hzWD.jpg

Archived