Corsair Community

AX1200i cable question

GrenadaV

Hi all, I am new to these forums.

I recently purchased a new AX1200i PSU as I am upgrading my GPU and I noticed some of the cables seem a bit odd regarding the connectors.

For example, I have a couple of cables that have 8 pins on one end but 7 on the other end.....I have no idea what they could be for, or is that just a standard 8 pin cable. To explain further, the 8 pin end has 8 metal sockets inside the plastic connector, and the other only has 7 metal sockets inside the 8 hole connector.

What am I missing here? and what are they for? and why are they like that?:bigeyes:

Kind regards

Ross

That sounds like a standard CPU power cable. 4 ground, 4 12V. So having seven connected to the PSU is absolutely fine.

It should say something like "CPU" or "EPS" on the 8-pin end.

Hi DevBiker,

thanks for the reply, I checked the cable and it says PCI-E, I do have two other cables that say CPU but they are both 8 to 8 connectors.

Thankfully though, I have managed to find the correct cable/s there is a power cable that has 1 connector to the PSU, then extends to 2 x 8 pin connectors for the graphics card.

Thanks for making me look at the cable plugs again, else I would have been scratching my head for ages....duh! (hate it when that happens)

Cheers

Ross

Archived