The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > CORSAIR ONE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-13-2018, 04:59 AM
lreypei lreypei is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 944606
lreypei Reputation: 10
Default

I'm interested in knowing your LOT number.
Mine are 17305110 and the model CS-9000011-EU. After bought the 1080Ti and for the price had that amount of noise I opted to return it. Then I give a try to the 1080 for a good price.
Now is my 3rd try.

ModelLOTSerial  
CS-9000009-EU  1080Tirattling GPU pump, psu noise and CPU pump buzzing
CS-9000011-EU1730511010173051101080rattling GPU pump and CPU pump buzzing
CS-9000011-EU1730511013173051101080POST/BIOS but black screen when loading windows
CS-9000011-EU1730511017173051101080 left side ok but in the right side CPU pump vibrating, seems is not well balanced

The last one I have is the less noisy, if I could balance the pump should be OK.
In my experience you need to be lucky to have a 30dB model.

Now I have 35ish at iddle.
You need to have a proffessional dB meter to measure bellow 30dB but your ears are the best tool.

The buzzing noise is quite disturbing, also the rattling pumps.
One thing I notice is if you speed up the case fan to the max you have a better sound covering the buzzing and the rattling but this is not a solution.

Some ideas should be have a variable pump speed to tune the noise or a better product out of the box. For the money you pay and the advertisement about 20dB the product is quite a dissapointment. Even so the desing is amazing.

I know is difficult to have a 20dB product, also knowing some people, like me, have the model next to me, at 50-60cm and then all sounds and vibrations are magnified.

Anyway, I still think is possible to have a 30ish model but need a perfect balanced pumps and a lot of luck from the rest of parts, gpu fan, psu electrical noise, coil whining and case fan.

Luis.
Madrid - Spain
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM
todou todou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 16
POST ID # = 944707
todou Reputation: 10
Default

My Model is CS-9000013-NA, and lot is 18045102


Quote:
Originally Posted by lreypei View Post
I'm interested in knowing your LOT number.
Mine are 17305110 and the model CS-9000011-EU. After bought the 1080Ti and for the price had that amount of noise I opted to return it. Then I give a try to the 1080 for a good price.
Now is my 3rd try.

ModelLOTSerial  
CS-9000009-EU  1080Tirattling GPU pump, psu noise and CPU pump buzzing
CS-9000011-EU1730511010173051101080rattling GPU pump and CPU pump buzzing
CS-9000011-EU1730511013173051101080POST/BIOS but black screen when loading windows
CS-9000011-EU1730511017173051101080 left side ok but in the right side CPU pump vibrating, seems is not well balanced

The last one I have is the less noisy, if I could balance the pump should be OK.
In my experience you need to be lucky to have a 30dB model.

Now I have 35ish at iddle.
You need to have a proffessional dB meter to measure bellow 30dB but your ears are the best tool.

The buzzing noise is quite disturbing, also the rattling pumps.
One thing I notice is if you speed up the case fan to the max you have a better sound covering the buzzing and the rattling but this is not a solution.

Some ideas should be have a variable pump speed to tune the noise or a better product out of the box. For the money you pay and the advertisement about 20dB the product is quite a dissapointment. Even so the desing is amazing.

I know is difficult to have a 20dB product, also knowing some people, like me, have the model next to me, at 50-60cm and then all sounds and vibrations are magnified.

Anyway, I still think is possible to have a 30ish model but need a perfect balanced pumps and a lot of luck from the rest of parts, gpu fan, psu electrical noise, coil whining and case fan.

Luis.
Madrid - Spain
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 03-13-2018, 06:18 PM
lreypei lreypei is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 944716
lreypei Reputation: 10
Default

Then I start to get it.
If the last units have the same sound like the first ones then the main noise problem to me are the pumps.
Those little things spinning so fast and moving mass vibrate if they are not assembled with a lot of love and mount them in the unit well balanced. Inertia moment and that stuff.
Also the design of the pump is important.
In my case the CPU pump runs at 2160rpm and mine vibrate a lot, transmitting the vibration through the case. But the GPU pump runs at 2317rpm and does not vibrate (at least my last unit ), you can hear more the fan if you put your ear in the left side.
I'm curious if CORSAIR changed the pump types since the first units.
I think are H60 types for the CPU and H100 type for the GPU. Wish having the H100 in the CPU and the vibration were gone.
If you have luck and the pump is balanced then you have a 30ish dB unit.
But if you are out of luck then you have a buzzing one, and that's annoying.
I think CORSAIR have to improve the quality checking in the production chain.
Also they have to change the 20dB advertisement to something more realistic.
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 03-14-2018, 02:40 AM
Max.Powder Max.Powder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 944765
Max.Powder Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todou View Post
Hi, I just get a new replacement today. The good thing is that the buzz noise is gone,, however, New noise is coming. I can here some fan noise near GPU, so I open left side, and check if any cable block fan. After I clear fan zone, the sound still here..

It just sound like fan get block, but it much better than buzz noise. So I think I am OK with this...
i dont want to alarm you but my first system had a smilar problem:
a strange sound like same cable is blocking (if i inclined the computer sound disappeared)

after few weeks the sound became permanent ....
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 03-14-2018, 01:56 PM
Corsair CJ's Avatar
Corsair CJ Corsair CJ is offline
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Corsair HQ
Posts: 592
POST ID # = 944811
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42
Default

Thanks for the additional information guys. I've forwarded the information I can to the appropriate teams. If you're currently working with customer support, please continue to do so.
Reply With Quote


  #21  
Old 03-14-2018, 02:25 PM
todou todou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 16
POST ID # = 944815
todou Reputation: 10
Default

Emm, but My GPU pump run 2317rpm, it really loud. CPU pump run 2610rpm with small sound... I want konw can we control the pump speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreypei View Post
Then I start to get it.
If the last units have the same sound like the first ones then the main noise problem to me are the pumps.
Those little things spinning so fast and moving mass vibrate if they are not assembled with a lot of love and mount them in the unit well balanced. Inertia moment and that stuff.
Also the design of the pump is important.
In my case the CPU pump runs at 2160rpm and mine vibrate a lot, transmitting the vibration through the case. But the GPU pump runs at 2317rpm and does not vibrate (at least my last unit ), you can hear more the fan if you put your ear in the left side.
I'm curious if CORSAIR changed the pump types since the first units.
I think are H60 types for the CPU and H100 type for the GPU. Wish having the H100 in the CPU and the vibration were gone.
If you have luck and the pump is balanced then you have a 30ish dB unit.
But if you are out of luck then you have a buzzing one, and that's annoying.
I think CORSAIR have to improve the quality checking in the production chain.
Also they have to change the 20dB advertisement to something more realistic.
Reply With Quote


  #22  
Old 03-14-2018, 02:48 PM
lreypei lreypei is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 944817
lreypei Reputation: 10
Default

You can't, they are wired to be at constant rpm.
If your GPU Pump is buzzing is bad balanced or is faulty. I have the same problem but with the CPU Pump.

Last edited by lreypei; 03-14-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #23  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:30 PM
todou todou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 16
POST ID # = 944976
todou Reputation: 10
Default

I think you are right, when I touch the left side, I can feel small vibration on the case, and the wired noise come from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lreypei View Post
You can't, they are wired to be at constant rpm.
If your GPU Pump is buzzing is bad balanced or is faulty. I have the same problem but with the CPU Pump.
Reply With Quote


  #24  
Old 03-23-2018, 04:19 AM
Sekator Sekator is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 946103
Sekator Reputation: 10
Default

A friend of mine bought the CS-9000011-EU in Sweden this week - the very same issue with a minor but noticeable rattle from the left side.
Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 04-18-2018, 12:05 AM
musubi musubi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 950846
musubi Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todou View Post
I think you are right, when I touch the left side, I can feel small vibration on the case, and the wired noise come from here.
Did you ever get a replacement unit without the sound? I just received my new Corsair One today and it has the same buzzing sound on the left side of the system. It sounds like it's coming from the GPU pumps.

From reading multiple threads, it seems like it might be a common problem and I'm not sure if I should gamble and get a replacement unit.
Reply With Quote


  #26  
Old 04-18-2018, 12:30 PM
Corsair StormShadow's Avatar
Corsair StormShadow Corsair StormShadow is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 207
POST ID # = 950933
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10
Default

you should definitely contact our support and provide a recording for the noise so we can validate it. A replacement is definitely recommended.

Last edited by Corsair StormShadow; 04-18-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
buzz noise

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.