Corsair Community

Gigabyte 8KNXP 875 Board Owners, READ THIS!!!

Yellowbeard

Reread your 8KNXP thread again and find the last couple of posts. I guy named Gary posted a possible fix that may help all of you that either have not solved your board problems and/or concluded that it is a Corsair problem. Good luck and I hope this helps someone. Mike. [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12347]READ IT HERE[/URL] EDIT: Actually, the poster of note was MemoryProblems8, not Gary. :eyebuldge I don't know where I got Gary unless he's the little man inside my head doling out the Percocet.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by specmike [/i] [B]Reread your 8KNXP thread again and find the last couple of posts. I guy named Gary posted a possible fix that may help all of you that either have not solved your board problems and/or concluded that it is a Corsair problem. Good luck and I hope this helps someone. Mike. [URL=http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12347]READ IT HERE[/URL] [/B][/QUOTE] I have twinx 3200LLPT, and I had countless problems @DDR400 until I manually set the timings @ CAS2, RAS to CAS:3, -2-6. I tested my sticks with memtest86, on ALL tests, for 8 hours, with 11 passes (all tests). Hope that proves my memory is stable. Is there another way I could stress my memory? TIA. EDIT: -BTW thanx for the post, it will serve to warn others. - RAM guy, how can I put major stress on my RAM? Do you think CAS2-RAS to CAS:3 - 2 -6 is safe?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]I would try Prime95 its pretty hard on everything! Ram Guy [/B][/QUOTE] Did you mean the prime95 torture test, or another mode? BTW with the latest info available do you think CAS2, RAS to CAS:3 -2 -6 is safe? I ran 11 passes of all memtest86 tests over 8 hours with no hickups. Today I'll run 3DMark2k3 all day, and tomorrow prime95.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]LOL, Yes I think your system is or will pass with flying colors. If not, Please let us know. Ram Guy [/B][/QUOTE] In at most 5 hours of 3DMark 2k3, I got a BSOD in the NVIDIA display driver. This is the first time I've gotten an NVIDIA related BSOD. I started it up again this morning, we'll see when I get home from work. Damn, just when I was getting less nervous.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RAM GUY [/i] [B]I would try the timings to By SPD and see if that helps or set manually to Cass 2.5-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" Ram Guy [/B][/QUOTE] Thanks for the suggestion. If 3DMark2k3 did not pass 8 hours today, I'll go to 2-3-3-6 instead of 2-3-2-6. RAS to CAS is *always* set to 3, or memtest86 fails in minutes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ring0_event [/i] [B]Will this keep the warranty intact? What influence will it have over the lifespan of the part? [/B][/QUOTE] The Corsair warranty is fine up to 2.8v. The components on the DIMM can handle the voltage, just don't go over 2.8v. Also, there is the Corsair lifetime warranty. So, follow the RAM GUYs advice. He's not going to tell you to do something that will damage your computer or your components. Have fun, Mike.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by specmike [/i] [B]The Corsair warranty is fine up to 2.8v. The components on the DIMM can handle the voltage, just don't go over 2.8v. Also, there is the Corsair lifetime warranty. So, follow the RAM GUYs advice. He's not going to tell you to do something that will damage your computer or your components. Have fun, Mike. [/B][/QUOTE] Again when I came home from work 3DMark2k3 had BSODed in NV4_disp.dll. I have 45.23 dets installed, which are supposed to be stable. I'll up the voltage Vdim by 0.02V, and see what happens. Damn, this is frustrating. I thought memtest86 for 8 hours was enough of a strain of my memory system. Perhaps I was wrong, or I have another problem.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ring0_event [/i] [B]Again when I came home from work 3DMark2k3 had BSODed in NV4_disp.dll. I have 45.23 dets installed, which are supposed to be stable. I'll up the voltage Vdim by 0.02V, and see what happens. Damn, this is frustrating. I thought memtest86 for 8 hours was enough of a strain of my memory system. Perhaps I was wrong, or I have another problem. [/B][/QUOTE] Read that post I referred to above and see the post on the last page by MemoryProblems8 if all else fails. Mike.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by specmike [/i] [B]Read that post I referred to above and see the post on the last page by MemoryProblems8 if all else fails. Mike. [/B][/QUOTE] Ouch, I'd rather not remove that DPS2 power module unless I was sure that was causing problems. We'll see. Thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ring0_event [/i] [B]Ouch, I'd rather not remove that DPS2 power module unless I was sure that was causing problems. We'll see. Thanks for the heads up. [/B][/QUOTE] LOL....I understand. That was my thoughts on a surgeon removing a cervical disk from my neck last Friday. There are some other LONG threads that I have glanced at about your MOBO but hopefully this one will solve your issue. Mike.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by specmike [/i] [B] EDIT: Actually, the poster of note was MemoryProblems8, not Gary. :eyebuldge I don't know where I got Gary unless he's the little man inside my head doling out the Percocet. [/B][/QUOTE] It's simple really; he signed that post as Gary. :biggrin:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by specmike [/i] [B]LOL....I understand. That was my thoughts on a surgeon removing a cervical disk from my neck last Friday. There are some other LONG threads that I have glanced at about your MOBO but hopefully this one will solve your issue. Mike. [/B][/QUOTE] Wow, I hope that went OK. That guy reported such major stability issues that I hope my DPS2 is not the culprit. I should go to 2-3-3-6, but I'll try 2-3-2-6 + 0.02V on Vdimm first.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ring0_event [/i] [B]It's simple really; he signed that post as Gary. :biggrin: [/B][/QUOTE] Oh good, I'm glad you found that and pointed it out to me rather than just keeping it to yourself and laughing at me:p Let us know if you have any luck with any of the ideas in those threads or if you solve it yourself. Good luck, Mike. EDIT: And thanx, yes, the surgery went fine. Just gotta eat drugs till it stops hurting and then rehab it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by specmike [/i] [B]Oh good, I'm glad you found that and pointed it out to me rather than just keeping it to yourself and laughing at me:p Let us know if you have any luck with any of the ideas in those threads or if you solve it yourself. Good luck, Mike. EDIT: And thanx, yes, the surgery went fine. Just gotta eat drugs till it stops hurting and then rehab it. [/B][/QUOTE] OK 3dMark2k3 BSODed after ~ 5 hours in NV_disp.dll. I had 2-3-2-6 timings, and +0.02V Vdimm. I also had texture sharpening, 4x AA, and 8x AF. I wonder if those things (esp. texture sharpening) had any impact. Also, I had hyperthreading on, and DPS2 inserted. Some variables left to play with: a) HT off. b) try 2-3-3-6. c) turn off texture sharpening, AF and AA (doubt any of these are resposible) d) remove DPS2. Oh yeah. I changed drivers to 45.24. Any advice on which to try next?? Esp. since memtest86 went ok for 8 hours, I really wonder if it is the memory.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by [MgA] ODEN [/i] [B]Has anyone tried +.2 Volts at 2,2,2,11 ? I have a friend with the same MB as me and that's what he's running at. [/B][/QUOTE] I tried 2-2-2-6 and +0.2 V Vdimm. It merely delayed the errors in memtest86, but not by much. it did not make even 1 full pass. Do you think the last timing is a great factor (i.e. 11 vs 6)? EDIT: RAM guy said that RAS to CAS needs to be 3 with the GA-8KNXP.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ring0_event [/i] [B]OK 3dMark2k3 BSODed after ~ 5 hours in NV_disp.dll. I had 2-3-2-6 timings, and +0.02V Vdimm. I also had texture sharpening, 4x AA, and 8x AF. I wonder if those things (esp. texture sharpening) had any impact. Also, I had hyperthreading on, and DPS2 inserted. Some variables left to play with: a) HT off. b) try 2-3-3-6. c) turn off texture sharpening, AF and AA (doubt any of these are resposible) d) remove DPS2. Oh yeah. I changed drivers to 45.24. Any advice on which to try next?? Esp. since memtest86 went ok for 8 hours, I really wonder if it is the memory. [/B][/QUOTE] OK, 3Dmark2k3 still BSODs after a few hours, but now I have a) HT off. b) 2-3-3-6 c) 4x AA, 8x AF d) DPS2 in. Any ideas? I'll try running prime95 for a few hours and see if that turns up anything.

Archived