POST ID # = 958804
Snafu484 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
Issue:
iCue Prior to updating: 1-3% CPU Usage

iCue After Updating: ~28% CPU Usage on a 8600k @ 5Ghz

Reproducible: Yes
Awesome job on the troubleshooting, just updated to 3.3.103 yesterday but never realized the CPU usage in the new version. I was wondering why I was getting stuttering in Destiny 2 and I found that iCue was using 20% cpu constantly. My Void Pro Wireless, even though I had the brightness set all the way off I still had a lighting effect set, but as soon as I set it to "SELECT EFFECT" per your guide, CPU usage instantly dropped to less than 3%.

In my case my Void Pro Wireless SE turned out to be the culprit out of the 5 Corsair RGB products I have connected.

K65 LUX RGB
Scimitar Pro RGB
MM800 Polaris RGB
Void Pro Wireless SE
ST100 RGB Headset Stand
Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM

POST ID # = 958808
nlopes Reputation: 10

Ever since I've upgraded to iCUE v3.3.103, my Corsair Dark Core RGB will NOT remember it's LED settings. I have it set to a solid color and when I start up my PC or wake it from sleep, it keeps coming up in the random rainbow mode. How do I fix this?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:55 PM
DelBoyJamie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958817
DelBoyJamie Reputation: 16

none of the "fixes" helped me, I was getting 15%+ CPU usage all time no matter what I've reverted back to previous version and my total CPU usage across all corsair process is less than 1% now, this needs a fix
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958835
solarity Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu484 View Post
Awesome job on the troubleshooting, just updated to 3.3.103 yesterday but never realized the CPU usage in the new version. I was wondering why I was getting stuttering in Destiny 2 and I found that iCue was using 20% cpu constantly. My Void Pro Wireless, even though I had the brightness set all the way off I still had a lighting effect set, but as soon as I set it to "SELECT EFFECT" per your guide, CPU usage instantly dropped to less than 3%.

In my case my Void Pro Wireless SE turned out to be the culprit out of the 5 Corsair RGB products I have connected.

K65 LUX RGB
Scimitar Pro RGB
MM800 Polaris RGB
Void Pro Wireless SE
ST100 RGB Headset Stand
Thanks for the kind words! Others such as DevBiker contributed a fair amount as well. We also had a lot of people helping with testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlopes View Post
Ever since I've upgraded to iCUE v3.3.103, my Corsair Dark Core RGB will NOT remember it's LED settings. I have it set to a solid color and when I start up my PC or wake it from sleep, it keeps coming up in the random rainbow mode. How do I fix this?
You might be better creating a separate post, this post is to help address the CPU issues. I do not own a Dark Core mouse, so others who own one might assist you better in the main forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoyJamie View Post
none of the "fixes" helped me, I was getting 15%+ CPU usage all time no matter what I've reverted back to previous version and my total CPU usage across all corsair process is less than 1% now, this needs a fix
Someone mentioned in this thread that the CPU usage problems have been resolved. They Corsair will release something soon. They still have to do tests as they want to mitigate the introduction of other bugs.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.

Last edited by solarity; 06-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:10 AM
Zirq's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958857
Zirq Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoyJamie View Post
Since you've reverted, this doesn't much matter, but might help someone else until it's fixed. Minimizing iCue is the only reasonable option for me due to the fact I have an 115i v2 (among other things) and multiple profiles I hadn't backed up recently enough, however just minimizing did nothing. Going to the settings page of iCue, THEN minimizing drops my 15-18% cpu down to 4-6%.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:29 AM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958873
solarity Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirq View Post
Since you've reverted, this doesn't much matter, but might help someone else until it's fixed. Minimizing iCue is the only reasonable option for me due to the fact I have an 115i v2 (among other things) and multiple profiles I hadn't backed up recently enough, however just minimizing did nothing. Going to the settings page of iCue, THEN minimizing drops my 15-18% cpu down to 4-6%.
That is interesting, I will have to give this a test.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Syberon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958874
Syberon Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirq View Post
Tried this with my Dark Core and it didn't helped. Minimizing drop cpu load from 17% to 12-13% without any difference whathever settings opened or not.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Oxize's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958904
Oxize Reputation: 12

Same high load here. See attachment.

After reading above, and minimized CUE also and it went from 100% of 1 core to like 55%.

So far it seems doesnt matter which tab you are. Home, settings, dashboard. When you minimize it, without letting it going to tray, it cuts the 100% half down.

And if you quit it (putting into tray) instead minimizing, Boom 100% again...

Would be an pain in the *** for weaker CPU's.

Edit: After some more testing, removing lighting effects on my Corsair Vegance RGB totally removes the 100% load. Vegance RGB lighting effects is on my side the culprit.
Attached Images
File Type: png download.png (45.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Oxize; 06-13-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:25 PM
dasSofa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959089
dasSofa Reputation: 10

No fix from Corsair yet ? Enough time is pased to fix this issue.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Tairom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959094
Tairom Reputation: 13
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasSofa View Post
No fix from Corsair yet? Enough time is passed to fix this issue.
Really? The team has mostly been in Taipei up until Monday. Today is Thursday. The process is to identify as many issues as possible, write fixes for them, internally test said fixes, rewrite fixes when and where needed, and address any new issues created by changes made to address old issues.

And, you think 3 1/2 business days is "enough" time? How about making sure you're not still asleep and dreaming when you decide to post how someone else is doing their jobs.

BTW, if you look up many of my posts on these forums, I am very critical of Corsair, but only where it is realistic. I am definitely not a Corsair fanboi. If anything, I am considering replacing all of my Corsair equipment with other brands.

Last edited by Tairom; 06-14-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Soulshot96's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959118
Soulshot96 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairom View Post
Really? The team has mostly been in Taipei up until Monday. Today is Thursday. The process is to identify as many issues as possible, write fixes for them, internally test said fixes, rewrite fixes when and where needed, and address any new issues created by changes made to address old issues.

And, you think 3 1/2 business days is "enough" time? How about making sure you're not still asleep and dreaming when you decide to post how someone else is doing their jobs.

BTW, if you look up many of my posts on these forums, I am very critical of Corsair, but only where it is realistic. I am definitely not a Corsair fanboi. If anything, I am considering replacing all of my Corsair equipment with other brands.
To be fair, they apparently didn't test this patch very much when they released it. The amount of devices that trigger this issue is kinda sad...and not just old devices, fairly new ones like my H115i can set it off. And this was the first patch of their live, non 'early access' release.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Tairom's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959119
Tairom Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulshot96 View Post
To be fair, they apparently didn't test this patch very much when they released it. The amount of devices that trigger this issue is kinda sad...and not just old devices, fairly new ones like my H115i can set it off. And this was the first patch of their live, non 'early access' release.
Well, I personally think people have been looking at it backward. Everyone is looking at the device definition XMLs. But, like you said too many devices are causing the issue to appear. So wouldn't it make more sense that the command processor that is reading the XML files is more likely at fault? Something "common" among the different device XMLs is tripping up the processor IMO.

Early on in the conversation, someone compared the XML files of the H115i cooler between this build and the previous build. They found that only 10-12 lines had any difference and changing any of those lines made no difference in the problem.

Last edited by Tairom; 06-14-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:20 PM
ScY_f's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959123
ScY_f Reputation: 10

Looks like Corsair needs a better QA team for their software...
Old 06-14-2018, 10:41 PM

POST ID # = 959136
LewsTherinTelmn Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tairom View Post
I honestly think they intended to as, if you look at the build release thread, it is still showing the previous build and not the most recent. This build only got into the wild through the "Check for Update" feature of iCue, not through site download I think.
I honestly downloaded it from the site itself, from googling iCue Download.
That said, Corsair Void Wireless, here, unplugging/SELECT EFFECT drops 20% usage to 3% or less.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:35 PM
ScY_f's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959138
ScY_f Reputation: 10

You might be right. However, I got a notification from the iCUE software about this newer version, but when I tried to update via iCUE I got a message referring that I needed to elevated privileges to do that (my user is admin and has those permissions), so I went to the page and downloaded the latest.