Corsair Community

3.10.125 Hardware Lighting - H150i Pro ?

Darkness1015

Upgrade from 3.9.93 went smooth, no issues, everything (profiles/effects/etc) all good. Great job on the QA, at least for me.

I see the hardware lighting tab for the H150i Pro. I set it to a static color. I do see the static color properly when I lock my PC and when I sign out. However, during bootup it doesnt seem to work, I get the rainbow effect. H150i Pro USB is plugged into commander pro. Is this a limitation with the H150i Pro or should it work on bootup ?

https://imgur.com/55tUWsj

Not sure guys. My H115i Pro is daisy chained through my C-Pro and both my strips, fans, and cooler pump LED are all following orders. I just changed into to something else and shutdown to check. It displayed the new config on all three.

Interesting, and this is retaining the hardware lighting on start-up (from cold, dead, lifeless off)? My H115i Pro is also run through my "C-Pro" (assuming that's short for Commander Pro) along with 3 LL120's. The LL's retain the saved hardware lighting on start-up but not the H115i Pro.

Honestly I don't really care. Just mentioning it for the sake of others. As long as I'm no longer being rainbow skull f*&%ed by the LL's on start-up I couldn't care less that my AIO and mouse pad display the rainbow for a bit as they are subtle.

I agree, I am 100% happy with the rainbow gone for the LL’s. Only thjng I can think of is the H150i doesnt have onboard hardware playback, but I just assumed aince the option showed in iCUE for it, it was supported now.

I believe it is stored in memory for when you lock the PC etc but it isn't saved after power off. That's the only reason I can think.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe it is stored in memory for when you lock the PC etc but it isn't saved after power off. That's the only reason I can think.

No, the device is capable and we could do this on the Pro cooler with Link, before iCUE rolled around. That was in part why the reaction was so negative.

It should not matter which profile you use to “set” the hardware lighting and as it was explained to me the last command entered will overwrite the prior. However, if it’s not working try doing it from the top listed (default) profile. I am not sure what is different between what you are doing and those of us from whom it works. Do any of you have Corsair RGB fans or strips? Is it working for those?

OK, I finally had time to play around with this using a variety of settings. It definitely does not quite work as expected. Anything with a random color generation will not work at all. You must tell it what colors to use. I suppose that does make sense. However, as mentioned at the top of this thread, it ignores all directives on boot. Mine was doing what was expected, but I suspect that is because I had previously written that instruction to the cooler using Link. That was what always annoyed me about this aspect. I could see the white LED at time during the boot, but iCUE deliberately covered over it. I am not sure it is able to write to the device in the same way Link does. It will do those basic, color defined programs without the app or the services running, but it appears not at boot. As there has been zero commenting from Corsair thus far, I suspect this was a known issue. Well, we are better off than before.

If this really is bothering you, one potential solution is to temporarily uninstall iCUE, load up Link 4.9.7 and set your Pro cooler static color to what you want. Then uninstall Link, put iCUE back in, and it will stick. This is why I get my chosen white LED - what I have wanted all along. I suspect there will be some limitations and it must be a static defined color. As much of a hassle as it seems, you can make this much easier my saving your iCUE files as a whole (links, icons, order included). Go to the C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair/iCUE folder and copy Corsair/iCUE to the desktop or another safe place. On reinstall and before launching, drop the Corsair/iCUE bundle back in the Roaming folder, then launch iCUE. It will be exactly as you left it, settings at all.

Most of the things in that thread are peripherals and should save in a slightly different way. Fans and strips do save their lighting schemes as expected and so do other peripherals with dedicated hardware save profiles. Regardless, it looks like this won't be addressed until January.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived