Corsair Community

600T Control Panel Wiring

alert5

Hello all!

I'm a first time builder using the amazingly well engineered 600T case. My build would be complete but the 750AX PSU I received from Amazon was DOA.

I'm confused by the 600T control panel wiring. There are four 3-pin female cables and a USB female cable coming from the control panel and I have no clue as to what they are for.

Is there a wiring diagram available for this case?

The 3 pin cables are for the fan controller which is powered by the 4pin molex connector. There should be 5 of them and you'll need to remove the dummy connectors before you can plug in your case fans.

The USB(blue)is for the USB 3.0 which you have to plug into an expansion panel on the back(if you have a USB 3.0 card)

The 3 pin cables are for the fan controller which is powered by the 4pin molex connector. There should be 5 of them and you'll need to remove the dummy connectors before you can plug in your case fans.

The USB(blue)is for the USB 3.0 which you have to plug into an expansion panel on the back(if you have a USB 3.0 card)

Thank you for that info. You are right there is a molex too, butthe three pin connectors do not appear to be dummy.

I guess my novice builder ignorance is showing, but the connecting of fans and coolers has really got me confused.

My build includes the H50. I replaced the rear exhaust fan with the H50 120mm fan and radiator. I need a power connector for that fan and the H50 pump. Right now I have the H50 fan connected to the CPU 4-pin header and the pump 3-pin cable connected to pins 1-3 of the chassis 4-pin header that is just adjacent.

The top exhaust fan and the front input fan are connected to the remaining two motherboard fan headers. One at the back near my memory and one at the front.

I would like to connect the memory cooling fans, but there are no fan power headers left for me to use. I was considering a fan header splitter to remedy this.

I know the H50 pump should be running at full speed and I think that 3-pin connection I have now will do the trick.

So the built in case fan controller is just adding to my confusion.

use cpu_fan for the pump and use the other 4pin for the rad fan.

Go into BIOS and make sure the cpu_fan header is running at full speed(~1400rpm)

the 3pin plugs should pull apart to reveal male 3pin plugs(minus 1 pin)

The dummies are used to protect the pins from damage.

Plug all the case fans into the controller and plug the 4pin molex into your power supply.

:laughing: Thank you. This is precisely what I want to do; i.e, use the 600T fan controller for the top exhaust and/or front intake fans so as to free up at least one motherboard fan header for use with the Corsair memory cooler fans.

My only mild complaint about the 600T is the lack of documentation. The case comes with a built-in fan controller. Corsair should have an obligation to tell customers how to provide power to this and how to connect the fans.

But then we would not need forums like this!

Yes. I've got the 600T top exhaust fan and front intake fan connected to the controller. The H50 is wired as you suggested.

I will not know if it works until my replacement PSU arrives tomorrow. My rig has never been booted at this point.

Are you using the fan controller with your setup? If so, any comments on its functionality?

My ASUS P55 board had the left most 4-pin, CPU 12v connection covered. I removed that cover and intend connecting both 4-pin, 12v power cables there. Do you know why that cover was there?

Thanks again

All my case fans(3x120mm/1x200mm) are plugged into the fan controller which works great, but I just leave it on max(2x hd5870's can get warm).

Some power supplies have only a 4pin cpu plug. The cover is there to prevent people from plugging the cpu 12v into the wrong side.

• 2 months later...
use cpu_fan for the pump and use the other 4pin for the rad fan.

Go into BIOS and make sure the cpu_fan header is running at full speed(~1400rpm)

the 3pin plugs should pull apart to reveal male 3pin plugs(minus 1 pin)

The dummies are used to protect the pins from damage.

Plug all the case fans into the controller and plug the 4pin molex into your power supply.

I also do not know where to plug in the remainder of the wires that come out of the top front portion of the case. I have the front and back fans working fine, since they are plugged directly into the motherboard. These are strands with THREE wires, and three female plugs, which plug nicely into the motherboard fan headers. But the top fan, and the round fan speed control button both don't work. I have 4 strands left, each made up of two wires, terminating in the male 3pin plugs (minus 1 pin, as described in your above quote). I also have a free molex plug. I remove the 'covers' for the male 3pin plugs, but the question is, where do I plug these in?? The molex I can know to plug into my power supply. Please help, I'm at a loss as to what to do!

Those four strands are for the fans. Remove the dummy plugs and plug in your case fans.

thanks for the help :) I don't mean to be difficult, but i need more specifics. I understand the 4 strands are for the fans. I understand how to remove the dummy plugs. but WHERE do I plug in these two-pronged male wires?

• 4 weeks later...

Click on THIS. Then click on FAQs & Support.

It shows the Corsair page listing the cables that should come with the PSU. Included on this list are 2 Peripheral cables. Each Peripheral cable has one end that plugs into the PSU, and 4 Molex style connectors, with each of the 4 connectors having four pins across. You plug the fan controller's four-pin Molex connector into one of these connectors, then plug the end of the Peripheral cable into the PSU.

Have you got any fans connected to the controller yet? The wires with 3-pin (minus 1) connectors coming from the controller, will plug into the wires w/mating connector coming from the case fans.

And don't worry, your next build is bound to be easier.

The cables I received with the PSU all match with the page you referred.

Are you referring to the 4 Pin Peripheral Connector? There are 2 of those connectors with 4 connections per cable. I was looking for a dedicated (single) cable to use for the fan controller so I guess that is what threw me off. What else could, or should, I connect to this cable besides the fan controller?

The fans have been connected to the controller. I thought figuring that out was the hard part.

Another question if I may. Does the front panel USB 3 get connected directly to the mobo or to USB 3 at the rear of the mobo?

Are you referring to the 4 Pin Peripheral Connector?

I'm not sure, but I think so.:sigh!: I did say "Included on this list are 2 Peripheral cables.", and I think I described the cables pretty well.

There are 2 of those connectors with 4 connections per cable.

This sentence doesn't make sense, and maybe the first one doesn't either. I think you may have transposed the word "connectors" with the word "cables". It makes a difference.

Bottom line is that there is not a cable included with just a single Molex style power connector on it. The Peripheral cables have multiple connectors so that you can plug in fans, lights, and all sorts of other accessories, and doodads without running a separate cable to each one.

In the future I plan on modifying mine so that just the connectors I need are left on the cable. But that's a whole different topic.

I'm not sure, but I think so.:sigh!: I did say "Included on this list are 2 Peripheral cables.", and I think I described the cables pretty well.

This sentence doesn't make sense, and maybe the first one doesn't either. I think you may have transposed the word "connectors" with the word "cables". It makes a difference.

Bottom line is that there is not a cable included with just a single Molex style power connector on it. The Peripheral cables have multiple connectors so that you can plug in fans, lights, and all sorts of other accessories, and doodads without running a separate cable to each one.

In the future I plan on modifying mine so that just the connectors I need are left on the cable. But that's a whole different topic.

One final (I hope) question. Can I plug my audio card (Asus Xonar Sense) into one of the Molex connectors on the same peripheral cable that the fan controller is plugged into?

Archived