Corsair Community

Corsair XMS Compatibility with ASUS K8V Deluxe

XaypocK

Hey fellas, I'm building a new PC with the following specs: Mobo: Asus K8V Deluxe Processor: Athlon 64 3200+ Video Card: ATi X800Pro Powersupply: Thermaltake Purepower 480w HDD: WD Raptor 10,000 SATA 36GB HDD: WB Caviar 7,200 SATA 160GB I'm about to order everything in, and I would appreciate if you guys could tell me which of the following types of XMS Corsair memory would best suit this system. Price isn't an issue, although I did find the PC-4000 to be cheaper. Is this normal? I was under the impression that PC-4000 XMS was generally a better stick of RAM and so would be priced higher? Here are the Corsair RAM descriptions copy and pasted from my supplier: PC-3200 1024MB Corsair TwinX Pro 184-pin CAS 2 (2x 512MB sticks) 400mhz PC-4000 1024MB Corsair TwinX Pro 184-pin (2x 512MB sticks) 500mhz Ideas? I'm open to suggestions for a different type of Corsair RAM to be placed into this system as well. And has anyone heard of any hardware conflicts between the above? *EDIT* This PC will be predominately used as a gaming system, but I also plan to watch high quality DivX movies and burn DVD's. As a priority, I'm after RAM which will deliver the best performance gaming wise, I wouldn't mind if encoding movies / burning DVD's took a little longer as a result.*EDIT* Many many thanks! :D:

Archived