The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2018, 10:09 AM
PerfectCr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954584
PerfectCr Reputation: 10

On CUE 3.2.87 the keyboard lighting goes away and CUE has to be reset. Win 10 and RGB Strafe. Anyone else see this? I am also seeing the random flashing which is not part of a lighting profile.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:45 PM

POST ID # = 954908
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Hi PerfectCr,

What is the lighting on your Strafe showing when it has "gone away"? It's most likely a detection issue.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:38 PM
PerfectCr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
Hi PerfectCr,

What is the lighting on your Strafe showing when it has "gone away"? It's most likely a detection issue.
So this appears to be an issue with MSI Mystic Light and CUE working "together" (or not in this case). With "Enable SDK" checked in CUE (which is needed to enjoy the new Far Cry 5 native effects and others), it seems CUE allows third party apps to have control over the keyboard lighting as a priority over whatever profile is selected in CUE. So, when the PC resumes from sleep, CUE is allowing Mystic Light to push it's own lighting rather than CUE maintaining priority.

MSI also has an issue where you cannot simply "turn off" their app wanting to control the keyboard lighting. But, I believe CUE should allow for it to be the priority for lighting profiles while still enabling the SDK.

Last edited by PerfectCr; 05-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Eredelis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955279
Eredelis Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectCr View Post
So this appears to be an issue with MSI Mystic Light and CUE working "together" (or not in this case). With "Enable SDK" checked in CUE (which is needed to enjoy the new Far Cry 5 native effects and others), it seems CUE allows third party apps to have control over the keyboard lighting as a priority over whatever profile is selected in CUE. So, when the PC resumes from sleep, CUE is allowing Mystic Light to push it's own lighting rather than CUE maintaining priority.

MSI also has an issue where you cannot simply "turn off" their app wanting to control the keyboard lighting. But, I believe CUE should allow for it to be the priority for lighting profiles while still enabling the SDK.
This also happens with Aura and Cue on my Vengeance Ram. It'll freeze the LED on whatever the last color it was and I have to restart my computer to get it to respond again. Only happens when both CUE and Aura try to use it at the same time.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:18 AM
PerfectCr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredelis View Post
This also happens with Aura and Cue on my Vengeance Ram. It'll freeze the LED on whatever the last color it was and I have to restart my computer to get it to respond again. Only happens when both CUE and Aura try to use it at the same time.
Well hopefully CUE can implement a method for allowing CUE itself to be the "master" when it comes to operating it's own hardware vs. letting third party apps take over via the SDK.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Eredelis's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955447
Eredelis Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectCr View Post
Well hopefully CUE can implement a method for allowing CUE itself to be the "master" when it comes to operating it's own hardware vs. letting third party apps take over via the SDK.
I wish they'd work together at least a little bit so these things wouldn't happen and maybe allow us to synchronize the different programs. A man can dream...
Old 05-20-2018, 05:28 PM
TheOriginalBabu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955456
TheOriginalBabu Reputation: 10

Maybe a spoiler next time, without dump? :)

I contacted Corsair Support about this, and they told me a generic "turn it off and on again with the escape key", at which point I gave up with their officials. The forum is where I resort.

Are you sure it's with the MSI program?
Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 PM
PerfectCr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalBabu View Post
Maybe a spoiler next time, without dump? :)

I contacted Corsair Support about this, and they told me a generic "turn it off and on again with the escape key", at which point I gave up with their officials. The forum is where I resort.

Are you sure it's with the MSI program?
Positive. Tested multiple times. The only way to fix is to tick the "Enable SDK" button on and off every time the computer resumes from sleep.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:57 PM

POST ID # = 957738
clutch Reputation: 10

Biggest POS software. Lost all my profiles AGAIN. Saw a new version (at least I thought it was new) and figured they worked the bugs out. Installed it and back to the flickering nonsense again. Reverted to an older version and now all my exported profiles won't load... Guess you can't go backward with profiles.

Last edited by clutch; 06-05-2018 at 08:04 PM.