Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro - Throttling / Performance Issues

Nostalgia

Hi,

I purchased a 1080Ti version about a month ago. First few weeks were fine but recently I am noticing significant (and random) throttling issues while I am in-game (Rainbow Six, Witcher 3, Destiny 2). FPS will slow to a crawl and the game will be very sluggish.

Sometimes alt+tabbing and manually setting the CPU priority to "high" on task manager solves the issue, but often times it does not (CPU usage is showing in the 30-40% range while in game). The temperatures for the CPU are also in the 50 degree range. The problem will appear and disappear over the course of computer use but is always unpredictable.

I have the latest drivers for Bios, GPU, etc. and don't have many tasks idling on the task bar, although I would think a system of this spec should be able to handle some multi-tasking.

I am not super tech savvy but would appreciate any insight on how to diagnose this issue. A great system otherwise but this random throttling problem is highly annoying and can persist for 5-10 minutes at a time.

Thank you for your reply.

Is there something I need to actively check in Advanced Tuning to enable all throttling counters or will it just report all the throttle measures taken when the issue arises?

Sorry, I tried googling this but could not see an answer.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't see any options to enable throttling counters. Maybe it is locked by the manufacturer?

Quick update:

A clean install of the drivers have improved frame rate stability but it has not completely gone away. The ticket I created suggested that I change the PCI bus settings to Gen2, which I will try next.

Separately, and I don't believe these issues to be related, but the power switch on the PC does not always turn the computer on. The red light on the back and the fans spool up but the PC does not boot every time. I typically have to try the power on / power off button 2-4 times before the PC successfully boots.Could this be a PSU issue? Or is it some setting in the BIOS that could help with this?

I have the same problem with mine (1080gtx version) Every game I play has serious frame issues after a period of time, variable time frames. Sometimes it will go hours with no issues and then minutes.

These are not the newest of games (metal gear solid 5, nier automata, transport fever) but it is a consistent problem with all of them. I also have the issue with it sometimes not turning on as you do. I thought that originally it was a poor quality hdmi cable that may be causing it, but after reading you have the same issues I’m not so sure.

Software is all up to date, and 1080 drivers removed and reinstalled, but still not really working correctly. And the htc vive..... forget it.

I’ll try the suggestions above and hopefully that will sort the issues.

Temps are real low too. Sub 40’s on the 1080 and similar on the processor (7700k)

Fingers crossed that we can get this sorted as I really bought it for the VR....

I wish Corsair would give us the BIOS option to see if Gen3 will work...not that it matters that much...but it's nice to have options.

BTW, I read on another thread that there is a Gen2/3 option as well for the Displaylink? Is that true, or did I misread something? Where is that in BIOS if true?

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased my 1070 in October and have been experiencing the same issues, along with a reboot issue. On November 4th I submitted a RMA request, Ticket # 641029 with no follow up or contact, whatsoever.

While gaming, my Cores appear to overheat and I really start getting throttle. Initially this new system ran perfectly!

• Corsair Employee
I purchased my 1070 in October and have been experiencing the same issues, along with a reboot issue. On November 4th I submitted a RMA request, Ticket # 641029 with no follow up or contact, whatsoever.

While gaming, my Cores appear to overheat and I really start getting throttle. Initially this new system ran perfectly!

Hi JPotter,

I've just checked your ticket, there's a comment left on the ticket from an agent on 11/15. You might have missed this? In any case, you can try the following:

You can change this setting in BIOS as a workaround:

1. Press DEL at boot up to get into BIOS.

2. Once in BIOS, press F7 to toggle Advanced mode.

3. Then, when under Settings, choose the Advanced settings.

4. Next, choose PCI Subsystems Settings.

5. Choose PEG0 - Max Link Speed and change the setting to Gen2.

Press F10 to save the settings and reboot.

hope this help.

Archived