Corsair Community

Question about the Save Profile to Device Memory Option

saablade

Hey guys!

So yesterday I went out and got a Corsair K65 LUX RGB and it works perfectly! Although I currently am not able to test a feature that I assume does one thing but still am not quite sure. That feature is the "Save Profile to Device Memory." Does this option basically install all my lighting modes from a singular profile onto my keyboard itself therefore, allowing that profile to run without CUE and on a separate system?

A huge thank you in advance!

No saving to device memory only saves static lighting to the keyboard. You will need CUe to run any lighting effect and macros.

Ah alright, I guess that sucks in a way because I was going to use my keyboard on(and go ahead and call me cheating)a XIM4 and wanted a nice profile to match my gaming. Is this a possible fix in the future would you think? Know of any nice static profiles I could possibly use?

Anyways, thank you!

Ah alright, I guess that sucks in a way because I was going to use my keyboard on(and go ahead and call me cheating)a XIM4 and wanted a nice profile to match my gaming. Is this a possible fix in the future would you think? Know of any nice static profiles I could possibly use?

Anyways, thank you!

The current keyboards dont have the processing power or memory to run macros with out CUE. So there is no way to fix it with current keyboards. Idk about future products.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=248

Tons of profiles there. look around who knows what you might find,

• 1 year later...
No saving to device memory only saves static lighting to the keyboard. You will need CUe to run any lighting effect and macros.

For the static lighting, can each key be separate or is this only a single background color saved to the on-board memory?

Edit: update

I have been told that the keys can indeed be lit individually.

• 1 month later...

No, you'll need to assign the lighting effects via CUE and leave it running in the background.

If you are only after standard presets, running CUE in the background should run the default spiral rainbow preset. You can change it using the drop down menu.

Archived