Corsair Community

K90 Not being recognized

tomdabomb

Hey everyone,

New to the forums because i can generally find solutions on here quick and easy - but that doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

Recently built a system and plugged in my k90 ... everything has been working fine. I am currently typing this post with the keyboard. LEDs are fine, volume and media switches all work. I wanted to install the latest firmware along with the k90 software to write a couple macros but i cannot seem to get my pc to recognize the keyboard.

When i run the firmware update (K90FwUpdate c1.36 sw-1.3):

"Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!"

Keyboard is plugged into (2) USB 2.0 ports.

No specific drivers were installed. Labelled as 'HID Keyboard Device' in Device Manager.

When i run the software installation (K90 setup 1.0.0.39 061113):

"Cannot find the Corsair K90 keyboard, plug the K90 into a USB port!"

Keyboard plugged into (2) USB 2.0 ports.

Any suggestions?

Note: previous system was running Window 7 and everything was just dandy. Now running Windows 8.1 on a completely different SSD.

So recent updates;

I tried to flash my motherboard bios to the latest rev and update whatever drivers i could find but unfortunately the bios flash rendered my computer un-bootable. winload.exe was unreadable and the window 8.1 recovery disk recognized my OS as Window 7. So unfortunately i went through another reformat + installation and i am stuck with the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyway some other keyboard bios might help? (set to 1 right now)

Any steps i could take to isolate the issue or maybe eliminate certain causes?

Note: Mobo = MSI p67GD80 (b3)

Archived