Corsair Community

Third-party Fans Not Working With H110i GT

berryboy

Hey guys,

I'm currently having issues with my new H110i GT where I can't use third party fans. Off the H110i is 2 fan headers, and I plugged them into my new Noctua NF-A14's and the speeds just fluxiate a lot and none of the profiles give it a steady speed. The fan basically turns off and eventually doesn't spin at all and Corsair Link reads it as zero flashing in red. Now they don't even spin when I plug them in. I tried different fans, too. Phanteks fans do the same thing - two different models. All of these fans are PWM 4 pin fans and I don't know why Corsair Link only reacts well to Corsair stock fans that came with my unit.

I'm running Corsair Link version 3.1.5525 and again, I'm trying to use Noctua NF-A14's. I don't know why the fans are no longer detected as they one received power, but now they just don't work at all. Both fans sit dead and when I plug in the Corsair fans, it works fine. I plugged the Noctuas into my case fan slots to make sure they weren't dead and they worked fine.

• Corsair Employee

I'm honestly at a loss. It's true we only validate with the fans that are included with the cooler since, well, those are the fans included with the cooler and we didn't choose them "just because." They were chosen for a reason.

That said, I can at least pester the validations guys and see if they can reproduce your issue.

Archived