Corsair Community

My AX860i does not show up in Corsair Link

TheOats

After putting this power supply into a new computer which is much more quiet I have noticed that there are a clicking sound coming from it. And when I look at it I see the fan doing a tiny little "jump" at the same time I hear the clicking sound.

I read somewhere that I can force the fan to move if I use the Corsair Link software. But it does not seem to show up there.

Does anyone know why? And maybe how to fix it?

Uten-navn-1.thumb.jpg.67397b233af2e5e07637236053e2a9dc.jpg

Yes its connected to the usb on the motherboard. And there is a dongle.

This is my PC:

Asus X99-A

Intel Core i7-5820K

Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2400 QC - 32GB

Asus GTX 980 "Strix"

Corsair AX860i

The case is a Phanteks Enthoo Primo, and it has all the fans that comes with it connected to a fan controller. I plugged that in to a connector called CPU optional. (There was another one, primary one, that I connected the CPU fans to.)

Also, the power supply is not brand new. I had it in my previous computer before I put it in to this one. And I do not know if the fan did those little jumps while it was in the old PC. It was not angled in such a way that I could see. And that PC was way more noisy so I did not notice the clicking sound, so I don't know if it was there or not.

Does that help?

Sorry, I missed the part where you wrote "device manager".

Yes its there. But it has a yellow warning icon on it.

I suspected there might be which is why I asked for the screen shot. Google says andre enheter is other devices which I expect is Unknown Devices on English windows.

I think the issue is that the device driver is not installed and you can check this by Right/Clicking and looking at the properties. I suspect you did not have CL installed when Windows first detected the device. If you uninstall it and then do Scan for hardware changes windows should find the driver and things will start working. You should also try and find drivers for the other two unknown devices.

You should put your PC Specs in your profile rather than putting them in every post :!:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21758&d=1431733094

That worked! Thank you for all the help!

One of the two other things just says "Unknown Device". So I have no idea what to do about that one.

And the other one I'm not actually sure what to do about either. It says USB controller. But I'm not sure what exactly that is. I did install some drivers that came with the mother board. And the USB ports on the back and on the top of the PC works.

I'm gonna take your advice and put my PC specs in my profile.

Archived