Corsair Community

Disable M.2 in bios? conserve temps

missionfailed

Since we can not remove the M.2. Can we disable the M.2 slot in the bios so the M.2 SSD is off and not drawing power?

I would like to conserve temps as much as possible. Not having the M.2 running is ideal for me. I would rather run the OS and everything else on one SATA SSD.

I just ordered a *One Pro Plus* specifically for playstation 2 emulation. So, because emulation ; Every frame is sacred, Every frame is great. I can not spare a single frame. I would like to reduce the internal temps in every minute way possible. The M.2 runs too hot for what it provides. Would rather not have it running.

Super excited to have *the One* show up in the mail. I'm counting the hours.

thanks for the help. have a great day:sunglasse

• Corsair Employee
Since we can not remove the M.2. Can we disable the M.2 slot in the bios so the M.2 SSD is off and not drawing power?

I would like to conserve temps as much as possible. Not having the M.2 running is ideal for me. I would rather run the OS and everything else on one SATA SSD.

I just ordered a *One Pro Plus* specifically for playstation 2 emulation. So, becasue emulation ; Every frame is sacred, Every frame is great. I can not spare a single frame. I would like to reduce the internal temps in every minute way possible. The M.2 runs too hot for what it provides. Would rather not have it running.

Super excited to have *the One* show up in the mail. I'm counting the hours.

thanks for the help. have a great day:sunglasse

Not sure if this option is locked in the custom BIOS or not, but if it's locked, you should be able to. Please allow me some time to look into this for you.

Archived