Corsair Community

Corsair One pro plus GPU crash 1080TI

TembaVJ

Hi all,

Specs:

Corsair one pro plus with with 1080TI. Bought Jan 2018

I have searched the forum and found various tips that I tried out.

Only during game play @ varying times, sometimes up to 15 mins ill have a crash on a all my games. Different things appear on the screen and the music or some of the sound keeps going for a while but the screen is frozen with some green patterns on it. I cant get out back to windows, it requires a hard reboot.

Steps taken to date:

Updated Windows, Nvidia, MSI, iCue, Corsair Link

Reset the BIOS (25 seconds little nob at the back)

I have checked in the bios but cant find the option to change PCIe 2.0

I have taken logs showing the GPU gradually climbing to 58c before crash everything else is good

I have logged a ticket with support they gave me some tips but since then I have not had a response Ticket Id : 752857 Incident: 180714-000314

I have attached the logs to the support ticket.

I use a Samsung 34 wide screen that runs 2K, connected via Display Port. Don't want to switch to HDMI as I lose the 100mhz refresh. Have not tested on HDMI.

When it works it works amazingly but I cant get into a good session without a few crashes.

Any help or direction is much appreciated.

Thanks all,

T

• Corsair Employee
Hi all,

Specs:

Corsair one pro plus with with 1080TI. Bought Jan 2018

I have searched the forum and found various tips that I tried out.

Only during game play @ varying times, sometimes up to 15 mins ill have a crash on a all my games. Different things appear on the screen and the music or some of the sound keeps going for a while but the screen is frozen with some green patterns on it. I cant get out back to windows, it requires a hard reboot.

Steps taken to date:

Updated Windows, Nvidia, MSI, iCue, Corsair Link

Reset the BIOS (25 seconds little nob at the back)

I have checked in the bios but cant find the option to change PCIe 2.0

I have taken logs showing the GPU gradually climbing to 58c before crash everything else is good

I have logged a ticket with support they gave me some tips but since then I have not had a response Ticket Id : 752857 Incident: 180714-000314

I have attached the logs to the support ticket.

I use a Samsung 34 wide screen that runs 2K, connected via Display Port. Don't want to switch to HDMI as I lose the 100mhz refresh. Have not tested on HDMI.

When it works it works amazingly but I cant get into a good session without a few crashes.

Any help or direction is much appreciated.

Thanks all,

T

sounds like the PCIE ribbon cable issue. I will have somebody follow up with your ticket.

• Corsair Employee
Hi I have replied with all the details required. Do you know what the repsonse times are?

Just worried I did something wrong.

Thanks again!

Hey bud, I have reach out to the team and asked them to check on your ticket so you should be hearing something back soon. Thanks for being patience with us.

Thank you @Corsair StormShadow, this was a rocking support experience.

Last Thursday got the call, setup replacement. International shipped to my location in 3 days!!! Postage and reverse logistics included!!!

Awesome work peeps, you will get a shoutout on Youtube!

• Corsair Employee
Thank you @Corsair StormShadow, this was a rocking support experience.

Last Thursday got the call, setup replacement. International shipped to my location in 3 days!!! Postage and reverse logistics included!!!

Awesome work peeps, you will get a shoutout on Youtube!

Thanks man, I'm glad you are taken care of. If anything comes up, don't hesitate to let me know.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue with my setup, Corsair ONE Elite, Gtx 1080ti, crashing in all games even at factory settings with strange artifacts on screen. I've submitted a ticket but just wondered what the outcome was here. Was this a common PCIE ribbon cable issue as you alluded to?