Corsair Community

H100i GTX & Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM - Ok/NOk

GabaZieute

Hi

I have replace the stock fan of my H100i GTX with some ML120 (the value pack Corsair CO-9050039-WW ML Series)

Much better, as case doesn't go into tumbler mode anymore at full speed but not silent either.

As anyone tried using Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM with the H100iGTX ?

They seem very good (even come with a full frame rubber seal for watercooling heatsink), but after some digging in these forums, it seems that you cannot plug any fan into the H100i or you may toast it (ie CM JetFlo).

So I thought it would be better to ask here before spending £54 and be sorry that my cooler is fried

The NF-A12 PWM will be fine. If you were trying to put together a low speed system, the NF-F12 PWM would be better. Not sure how much better the A12 will be than the ML120. It likely depends on your target RPM.

No current/amperage issues with any of these fans. The one you referenced above belongs to an older type of fan (high speed LED) that nobody really makes any more. Keep total fan current under 0.80A on the GTX.

Thank you

From what I have read, NF-A12 perform same way at 1500rpm than other fans @2000

I have 2x NF-F12 but they date back from 2011, so they make some ratling sound at high speed

At the moment I use them as intake in my CM Stryker (not ideal but better than nothing)

My idea was NF-A12 on H100iGTX > ML120 non Pro as intake

Yeah, I suppose the marketing’s guys at N.... would be happy if you read it that way. What I meant with NF12 vs A12 was the NF is better for conditions were you are deliberately limiting your fan speed, like from 500-800 rpm. The thicker flat blades are better for this. As the speed increases, the more open blade can utilize its design advantage by moving more air and the resistance of the radiator becomes less of an obstacle. Strangely I don’t have any A12s lying around so I can’t give you a head to head with the ML, but it is of similar blade design and also intended as an all purpose fan or “hybrid” fan.

Archived