Corsair Community

help asap

Rud3bwoy

ok guys so ordered my phanteks evol x case.

decided to buy 3 120 ll corsair fans rgb

and 3 140 mm corsair fans rgb

now i also want to get the led strips corsair as well

to be clear this is what i bought

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL120-120mm-Light-Lighting/dp/B075VGN4M1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542205447&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+ll

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-LL140-Single-Cooling-CO-9050073-WW/dp/B075VHBC4S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1542205447&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+ll

and 3 of these

do i also need the commander pro?i want to make the cables as clean as possible

so should i buy this https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-LINK/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-PRO-Expansion-Kit/p/CL-8930002

with

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/CORSAIR-LINK/CORSAIR-Commander-PRO/p/CL-9011110-WW

and i'm good to go?also noticed the triple fan set i bought also came with a unit if i bought the commander pro would i still need to use that to get the rgb functions or can everything be controlled with the commader pro?

OK. The LL fans will all go on one RGB LED hub (which comes with the multipack that you bought). This Fan Hub will connect to 1 channel of the Lighting Node Pro that also comes in that multipack.

This leaves you with 1 channel open on the Lighting Node Pro. You can connect the RGB strips to that channel (up to 6 per channel).

So ... for lighting control of the Corsair devices, you are good. :-)

Now ... the Commander Pro isn't necessary in this case but you might want it anyway. Here's why:

The Commander Pro gives you software control over your fans. This is super-cool to use in conjunction with the thermistors that come with the Commander Pro that you can use to measure the internal case temperature. The CoPro also has 2 additional USB headers ... and 2 Lighting Channels (so you could use it instead of the NoPro).

Getting a CoPro would leave you with a spare Lighting Node Pro that you could use for more RGBz. Many of us have found them to be quite addictive. It would also help with the cables - you'd have fewer cables running to the motherboard and be able to route the cables around to the back and hide them with the Commander Pro, if that's important to you. For example, I have a total of 13 fans in my case. Running all of those cables (and the associated splitters) to the motherboard would be a mess. Running them to the CoPro that mounted behind my motherboard? Nary a cable to be seen.

Ok thanks so both of those connections will use satanic power right ?

Also is there a way to connect the phanteks evolv x rgb to Corsair icue? As I seen a wire on eBay that says it works and been tested but wanted to see if you guys have an easier way

Ok thanks so both of those connections will use satanic power right ?

They use SATA power, yes. I'd call molex power connectors satanic. :D:

Also is there a way to connect the phanteks evolv x rgb to Corsair icue? As I seen a wire on eBay that says it works and been tested but wanted to see if you guys have an easier way

You could always make your own cable. My signature as a post with all the part numbers. Other than that, no ... the only way is with some kind of adapter. And keep in mind that it's not officially (or unofficially) supported by Corsair.

ok guys sorry to be annoying but i want no mistakes with any orders

so went ahead and ordered commander pro on newegg

and the rgb light strips

i have one ssd

and 1 1tb hard drive in my case

https://mod-one.com/custom-sleeved-corsair-power-supply-cable-sata-power/

so in total to power everything ill need 4 of these right?as i'm ordering custom cables from mod-one want to be sure everything is accounted for.

Not annoying; totally get that you want to get it right.

CoPro == 1 SATA

SSD == 1 SATA (not m.2??)

HDD == 1 SATA

Fan Hub == 1 SATA

So ... that's a total of 4 SATA. If you want extra channels for more RGBz (via a Node Pro), you'll need one more. And I'd get at least one cable with multiple connectors.

Now ... you do know that there is a price for this assistance right? WE WANT PICTURES!! ;)

Not annoying; totally get that you want to get it right.

CoPro == 1 SATA

SSD == 1 SATA (not m.2??)

HDD == 1 SATA

Fan Hub == 1 SATA

So ... that's a total of 4 SATA. If you want extra channels for more RGBz (via a Node Pro), you'll need one more. And I'd get at least one cable with multiple connectors.

Now ... you do know that there is a price for this assistance right? WE WANT PICTURES!! ;)

lol.honestly i'm probally going to just use two strips of the leds in the phanteks front case and two in the back ,with the old case two was enough to brighten the entire case,not sure why i'm buying this as i always kept the leds on white anyway but RGBZ

the top 3 120mm LL fans for the triple corsair rgb aio

1 140 in back

2 140s in front tho it takes 3 i wish i could add a fourth but adding a fourth i would need another unit? which i want to keep cables tidy and i assume i can't someone add the last fan to the mobo if i wanted to for icue to pick up?

and no m2 i was thinking about it but my ssd right now samsung 860 evo is great maybe

also i got the corsair vengece pro rgb already

k95 platinum annd corsair glaive rgb

now can corsair make a dam mousepad RGB EXTENDED

So ... on the fans ... while it's not officially supported, many of us have successfully used 2-way splitters on the Commander Pro for fan speed control. 3-way splitters seem to cause issues so don't do that. The current draw for the fan speed will be well under your limit so that's good. (It's just the RGB where you can get into trouble ... 16 LEDs can suck current, especially at all white ... which is part of why they are separately powered).

The additional fan will, however, require an additional RGB fan hub ... we've discussed that. You could split them between exhaust (radiator, rear, shine inside the case) and front (shine outside the case). If you had 4/4, you could use a fan hub splitter to split the data control signal and synch the two fan hubs (I have that on my 2 LL fan hubs ... they are controlled on a single channel that has the data split to two fan hubs).

<sigh> I need to do a new diagram of my setup as I've been adding stuff. It'd make explaining this much easier.

So ... on the fans ... while it's not officially supported, many of us have successfully used 2-way splitters on the Commander Pro for fan speed control. 3-way splitters seem to cause issues so don't do that. The current draw for the fan speed will be well under your limit so that's good. (It's just the RGB where you can get into trouble ... 16 LEDs can suck current, especially at all white ... which is part of why they are separately powered).

The additional fan will, however, require an additional RGB fan hub ... we've discussed that. You could split them between exhaust (radiator, rear, shine inside the case) and front (shine outside the case). If you had 4/4, you could use a fan hub splitter to split the data control signal and synch the two fan hubs (I have that on my 2 LL fan hubs ... they are controlled on a single channel that has the data split to two fan hubs).

<sigh> I need to do a new diagram of my setup as I've been adding stuff. It'd make explaining this much easier.

Ok thanks but the way things are now good to go no issues other wise power draw etc

Archived