The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2018, 06:01 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980326
DevBiker Reputation: 76

So ... you do not have any fans configured for lighting on your Platinum cooler?

If you can export one of the problematic profiles, I can import it; that way we can make sure that I have the same thing. If you can PM them to me, I'll import it to see if I can repro. But my new pump has been good ...

EDIT: You said rainbow, right? Which variation of Rainbow? I can set that up easily enough.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:14 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980382
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
So ... you do not have any fans configured for lighting on your Platinum cooler?

If you can export one of the problematic profiles, I can import it; that way we can make sure that I have the same thing. If you can PM them to me, I'll import it to see if I can repro. But my new pump has been good ...

EDIT: You said rainbow, right? Which variation of Rainbow? I can set that up easily enough.
Its spiral rainbow ^^

Here the two "problematic" profiles. Will check later today if this happens also with static Color profile or really just with These profiles where the lighting is "moving"... Lets hope this lighting is really the cause of the issue and you can reproduce it so Corsair can have a look at this…

And no, I dont have any fans configured for lighting on the platinum. All lighting is configured to the Fan LED Hub.
Attached Files
File Type: cueprofile White Desktop.cueprofile (249.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: cueprofile Spiral Rainbow.cueprofile (272.5 KB, 14 views)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:31 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980384

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Its spiral rainbow ^^

Here the two "problematic" profiles. Will check later today if this happens also with static Color profile or really just with These profiles where the lighting is "moving"... Lets hope this lighting is really the cause of the issue and you can reproduce it so Corsair can have a look at this…

And no, I dont have any fans configured for lighting on the platinum. All lighting is configured to the Fan LED Hub.
So, to be clear : In the Lighting Setup for the H115i Pro, you have this set to "None"?

Just want to make sure that I understand.

And yes, I've been talking with the Corsair tech folks about this thread as well as the issue that I was having. My problematic cooler is on it's way to them as well so they may be able to use that for a repro.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980386

Yes correct, in the lighting options of the platinum I have set Fans to none.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:26 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980500

Update: 5 Hours with a White static Color profile for the Platinum and NO usb reconnect! Really seems to be related to a "moving" Color profile like arc or spiral rainbow.
So big Question: is this a iCUE or Firmware issue which can be solved without the Need to RMA this pump or is this an issue of this specific pump (and my previous pump.. so actually 2 of 2 pumps within one week have this issue which makes me guess ist NOT related to the pumps..)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:14 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980507

I was able to get this to happen on Spiral Rainbow. (Thanks, btw, for making me turn my entire office into a Unicorn Barf Zone.)

I captured a bunch of logs and sent them over to the Corsair team for analysis.

That said, it was just the lighting that froze and restarting the service restored the lighting. The cooler and fans appeared to be operating properly.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:36 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980514

ooooooh thats actually nice to read!
So this is indeed related to moving lighting profile of the pump and not a Hardware issue so I can Keep my pump without returning it for another replacement pump??? :)
Because, obviously it now really seems to affect every pump when yours was fine until spiral rainbow test… And a third pump would nearly 100% suffer from the same issue if it is Software or Firmware related I guess?!

Will see if restarting the Service restores the lighting for me as well..

I really hope Corsair can fix this issue relatively fast because I bought this pump especially because it can have arc lighting and not just static lighting and when this arc lighting now is bugged the pump is Pretty much pointless for me..

btw, I did not got any Reply to my ticket.. It was said that someone will get back to me latest 2 days later which is now over - without any Reply to my ticket.. Glad that you have better Connections so they are Aware of the Problem and what might be the root cause..

Edit: Just got a reply 10 minutes after I posted this message.. With the reply to check if I have my USB power saving disabled in the power plan.. Well, of course it is... Hoped for a better answer after 2 days... :/

Last edited by momorious; 11-14-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:54 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980520

I suspect - and don't take this as anything official or even anything at all from Corsair as they've given me no indication - that it's something in the service. Especially since restarting the service resolved the issue.

And no comment on the Unicorn Barf Zone? Thanks. I have strips outside the case and had everything on Spiral Rainbow. I suppose that you are pleased with yourself for that. ;-)

Old 11-14-2018, 05:57 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980521

Quote:
I suspect - and don't take this as anything official or even anything at all from Corsair as they've given me no indication - that it's something in the service. Especially since restarting the service resolved the issue.
And another message which is nice to read!
So now lets just hope Corsair is able to fix this issue within their service so we all can use moving lighting profiles again .. :)
You think it needs a new iCUE version for a hotfix for their service? Because that would mean roughly another month at least... :(

Forgot a cmt about the Unicorn Barf Zone .. well, pretty funny if you ask me.. :D haha. :D But normally it would be enough to just have spiral rainbow on the pump, no need to enable full unicorn style. :D

Old 11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980525

Another thing, you said it's just the lighting that froze and restarting the service fixed the lighting.
For me the lighting is not freezing completely... So lighting is just a bit bugged after the USB disconnect like stuttering arc for example.. But sometimes I get a USB disconnect, the pump goes from white arc into spiral rainbow mode and reconnects into white arc just fine without any lighting issue...
I hope we speak about the same problem here because my lighting ist not completely freezing... ? ��

Old 11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980526

Quote:
And another message which is nice to read!
So now lets just hope Corsair is able to fix this issue within their service so we all can use moving lighting profiles again .. :)
You think it needs a new iCUE version for a hotfix for their service? Because that would mean roughly another month at least... :(
I would be surprised if there was an out-of-band hotfix for the service. I've never seen them do that. The monthly release cycle is tough enough. But ... who knows?

Quote:
Forgot a cmt about the Unicorn Barf Zone .. well, pretty funny if you ask me.. :D haha. :D But normally it would be enough to just have spiral rainbow on the pump, no need to enable full unicorn style. :D
Well, I just wanted to be sure.
My 9 yo daughter liked it tho.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:55 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980571

Mhm okay so best hope is now December release of iCUE for the fix in their service...

BTW did you read my previous post? We posted at the same time, not that you missed that post... ^^

Old 11-15-2018, 01:59 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980572

Quote:
Mhm okay so best hope is now December release of iCUE for the fix in their service...

BTW did you read my previous post? We posted at the same time, not that you missed that post... ^^
Not sure if we are or aren't. Certainly, that's not the same behavior that I'm seeing but it may still be the same root cause.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:03 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980573

Quote:
Not sure if we are or aren't. Certainly, that's not the same behavior that I'm seeing but it may still be the same root cause.
Okay. So at least I have hopes now that this issue is not hardware related to my specific pump but is more a software issue as I thought from the very beginning..even when the behavior is different.. I think I can now cancel the return process with the shop where I bought it to keep this pump..?! ^^

Old 11-16-2018, 02:05 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980706

Quick update: 5 hours usage yesterday with just a static white color profile for the pump and not one USB reconnect. So I can now very savely say this USB reconnect is directly related to a moving color profile like arc, spiral rainbow etc as it only happens with these color profiles.
Now the wait begins when Corsair release a fix for their service so we all can actually use our pumps as intended because in its actual state colorwise it's the same as a normal Pro because you can't really make use of the 16 LEDs in all its intended glory.. :/