The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2018, 05:24 AM
OldMike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979602
OldMike Reputation: 10

Just a note on the pump humming issue I see some talking about on the Platinum H115i
We had a firmware update yesterday, I updated mine early this morning. My pump was a little loud in Quiet mode or Extreme mode, didn't matter which one I picked. After this new update for the firmware, my pump IS Quiet now. Only thing I hear now are my fans, but that is normal for my system, as I have them set rather high. :)

Old 11-09-2018, 10:42 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979629
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
Just a note on the pump humming issue I see some talking about on the Platinum H115i
We had a firmware update yesterday, I updated mine early this morning. My pump was a little loud in Quiet mode or Extreme mode, didn't matter which one I picked. After this new update for the firmware, my pump IS Quiet now. Only thing I hear now are my fans, but that is normal for my system, as I have them set rather high. :)
What was the firmware updated to?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:31 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979635
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Which firmware update? Mine came with 1.0.0.32 and was updated to 1.0.0.33 at first start and didn't changed anything. I returned my pump and will get a new one tomorrow so can't look if there is a newer firmware available but I doubt so..
When the new pump tomorrow has the same hum sound issue I will return that one also because then it is clear that this hum sound is a design bug from coolit and not acceptable at all for me so I would switch back to a properly quiet X62...

Old 11-09-2018, 01:59 PM
OldMike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979660

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
What was the firmware updated to?
Well I got two new updates this morning, one for iCUE and a new firmware update for the H115i PLATINUM v 1.0.033 It told me automatically after it updated itself. So either the software help me get rid of the hum, or it was the firmware.
Well if it was not the H115i firmware that updated, then guess it was Commander Pro, v0.8.210 .....I thought it told me it was the pump thou. Sorry if I made a mistake. BUT my pump is not humming AFTER these updates I got today.
iCUE v 3.9.93

Last edited by OldMike; 11-09-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:14 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979661

Quote:
Well I got two new updates this morning, one for iCUE and a new firmware update for the H115i PLATINUM v 1.0.033 It told me automatically after it updated itself. So either the software help me get rid of the hum, or it was the firmware.
Well if it was not the H115i firmware that updated, then guess it was Commander Pro, v0.8.210 .....I thought it told me it was the pump thou. Sorry if I made a mistake. BUT my pump is not humming AFTER these updates I got today.
iCUE v 3.9.93
Well, mine did this hum sound with the exact same software and firmware... Will see how the second pump sounds tomorrow..

Old 11-09-2018, 02:50 PM

POST ID # = 979668
Carovie Reputation: 10

please keep reporting over here your situation momorious

Old 11-10-2018, 05:49 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carovie View Post
please keep reporting over here your situation momorious
Okay Folks, I just got my replacement H115i Platinum.
It makes the same "hum" Sound and it still remains the loudest part in my whole PC in idle so this pump seems to be designed to be louder than all previous pumps - just so you are Aware of this fact.
Also, Extreme mode actually is still quiter than the Quiet mode because of the lower pitched hum Sound in the Quiet mode. Extreme Mode makes a more high pitched hum Sound and is less noticable and Overall quieter than the low pitched hum Sound in the quiet mode.
Lets hope that Corsair can "Workaround" this by giving us the Chance of a "real" quiet mode with just 1700 RPM or something like that because 2400 is actually not slow and therefore not quiet at all.

BUT one positive: Seems my first pump really was broken because with this replacement pump I cant hear the water in the quiet mode which I could with the first pump.. So at least ist a bit quieter now but far away from being silent. I will need to think About if I Keep this puimp or return it and buy a Kraken X62 again which was absolutely silent even with full speed...

Old 11-10-2018, 12:03 PM

POST ID # = 979787
Carovie Reputation: 10

thanks for report your news momorious
Truth now is that how Corsair don't fix this "high noise" from the pump in Platinum models, I think I will no go for them, although they were my preferences

Old 11-10-2018, 12:30 PM
OldMike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979792

So because ONE person reports that their pump makes a "high noise" that everyone should not buy a Platinum Model ??? Really?? My H115i Platinum is 4 days old, and there is no Hum, high noise, nothing, never heard water movement in quiet mode.....which is really laughable in my opinion.... I am in quiet mode right now, and all I can hear are my fans, which ARE set to high. (I have seven fans) I did have a high noise on 1st day, that since has gone away. But even then it was hard to actually hear. Could be that the pump needs a little time to settle in. Just my two cents on this issue....:)

Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979794

Quote:
So because ONE person reports that their pump makes a "high noise" that everyone should not buy a Platinum Model ??? Really?? My H115i Platinum is 4 days old, and there is no Hum, high noise, nothing, never heard water movement in quiet mode.....which is really laughable in my opinion.... I am in quiet mode right now, and all I can hear are my fans, which ARE set to high. (I have seven fans) I did have a high noise on 1st day, that since has gone away. But even then it was hard to actually hear. Could be that the pump needs a little time to settle in. Just my two cents on this issue....:)
Actually in a separate thread we are already 4 people, not just me, with this hum issue. And I highly doubt that we are all just top sensitive or that we all had bad luck and got broken pumps. In fact I already got this replacement pump and it makes the same hum sound as the first one.. And as I reported in the other thread because of the low pitched hum sound the quiet mode is actually louder than the extreme mode which has a higher pitched and therefore less noticeable hum sound. Quiet mode makes 2-4 dB MORE noise for me with BOTH pumps.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:44 PM
OldMike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979796

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Actually in a separate thread we are already 4 people, not just me, with this hum issue. And I highly doubt that we are all just top sensitive or that we all had bad luck and got broken pumps. In fact I already got this replacement pump and it makes the same hum sound as the first one.. And as I reported in the other thread because of the low pitched hum sound the quiet mode is actually louder than the extreme mode which has a higher pitched and therefore less noticeable hum sound. Quiet mode makes 2-4 dB MORE noise for me with BOTH pumps.
Yes I've seen them, but I think Corsair must have sold more than just 4 or 5 of these pumps by now. There just could be a break in period. My PC is on my desk sitting right next to me right now, and the pump is quiet. less than 2 feet away.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:46 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979797
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Now ... keep in mind that we don't see folks without any issues on this forum. And I've had this pump since late July/early August and never noticed any of the humming that you speak of.

So ... it seems that either some folks are more sensitive to whatever hum there is (either due to case/environment/hearing sensitivity/whatever) or it's an issue with specific pumps. I don't think that we can say definitively right now except that some folks are reporting this.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:15 PM
ArjenP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979804
ArjenP Reputation: 10

Ok so I have this humming with my h115i platinum aswel so I ordered a h115i pro which I received today. I immediately noticed it being a lot quieter when running on balanced mode (so 2400rpm on the platinum and 2100rpm on the pro). Only on extreme (2800rpm) it becomes audible but it's not as high pitched as the platinum so I personally prefer 2800rpm on the pro over 2400rpm on the platinum.

And in case someone is interested, I ran a few performance tests aswel. All results are from 30 minutes of running prime95.

fans on a fixed 1000rpm

h115i platinum quiet pump(~2400rpm)
max coolant temp: 40.1
max cpu temp: 79

h115i pro quiet pump(~1050rpm)
max coolant temp: 42.5
max cpu temp: 83

h115i pro extreme pump(~2800rpm)
max coolant temp: 39
max cpu temp: 77

Old 11-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Adamastor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980414
Adamastor Reputation: 10

Quote:
I also confirm this. Only bought the AIO a couple of days ago but i was already aware of the "hum" noise and it was there, but after firmware update just disapeared.

Also noticed that before this firmware update my pump speed were not at what is supposed. For instance in quiet mode they were at just little over 2200rpm. It was the update that improved the speed to the 2400rpm.

(all this bring the question if despite the SATA connection should i setup in my gigabyte mb bios the cpu_fan speed and control to max speed and voltage/DC Control?

Old 11-14-2018, 08:15 AM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 980415

Well, the firmware update did not solved the hum sound issue for me on two pumps....