Corsair Community

iCUE not controlling fans properly

Valkyrion

Hello all,

I recently bought a Corsair KB95 Platinium and then decided to switch from Link to iCUE to manage my new keyboard and my 6 fans ML 120 PRO, Hydro H150i PRO RGB and my 4 leds strips, the software controls RGB like a charm.

Today I noticed that iCUE was not controlling my fans properly trough my Commander Pro and even put on extrem setting the fans were turning super slowly. Also the setting is not properly saved and gets back to silent each time I reboot the computer. Moving it to extrem again has absolutely no effect on the fans' speed.

This caused my system to heat a lot more than normal (I own a 570X, and it was actually super hop even touching the outside), so I went back to the combo Link + CUE 2.

Is there anything to do to avoid this ? I tried uninstalling the whole thing, rebooting and installing again and nothing seems to fix that...

I am currently running Windows 10 64bit.

Many thanks for helping out!

Best,

A.

Well ... it's hard to say what's going on as you have a lot of very vague statements. But let me try to take a shot at it.

The default fan curves for the CoPro in iCue are based on CPU Package temperature. It's likely not the best source variable, especially on a liquid cooled system with a 1080Ti.

Are you using any of the thermistors for the CoPro? If not, I highly suggest that you use at least one for the internal case temperature, ideally just above the GPU ... and then use this is the source for a custom fan curve.

You can also migrate fan curves from Link to iCue - see this hear and the associated video: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176375. So if you had your fan curves tweaked just right in Link, you can get those back.

Finally, posting your logs would also be helpful; it seems that you have an issue with iCue "remembering" a default fan curve applied to your fans. Posting the logs would allow the Corsair dev folks to take a look at what's going on. In iCue, go to Settings and you'll see a button to export system info and logs; use that.

I would suggest creating a custom curve from the C-Pro tab in iCUE. Hit the + and it will it create a new profile called "cooling mode" (you can rename it). Pick a control variable and set up an appropriate curve. You should also have some thermistor wires that came with the C-Pro. 1 or more can be placed in the case and connected back to the Pro, for general info or also as a control source that will run without Link or iCUE active. I use the exhaust temp as my general case fan control variable.

The default curves are supposed to be based off CPU Package temp, but I did not see a lot of movement on mine. Regardless, on a 8700K that is probably not what you want for case fans, unless you like to listen to them wind up and down as CPU activity bounces like a rubber ball at idle.

Archived