Corsair Community

CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 wont run over 2240 Mhz

sandrocrd

Hi people,

I have a kit 16GB CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 that I use on a Rampage 4 And with a 3930K CPU @ 4690 and Ram @ 2177 MHz, timings 9-11-10-27-128-1t, with VDRAM to 1,575, and I've never had BSOD caused by memories,, so I should be happy ... but I'm not anymore.

A my friend, with the same kit of RAM, the same MB, same CPU, the same VCCSA, the same VTT, the same primary timings , run the DRAM frequency @ 2400 Mhz, but I cannot get over 2240Mhz and also raiseing VDRAM to 1,60V and tweaking the timings 9-11-11 or 9-12-12 or others that I can.

Why when everytime somoone comes to the tweaking setup of the memory, nobody give the specific setup of the secondary and terthiarytimings that are of fundamental importance, and why Corsair no indication of them?

Perhaps, few people know the importance of these timings but just the setup of the primary.

Unfortunately, it seems also very difficult to determine if it is a limit of RAM or IMC.

Greetings to all,

sandro c.

Thanks Yellowbeard,

I will try this as soon as I suggest.

And what about the times of the secondary or tertiary Ram?

They are so important as they say ?

If so yes, why Corsair does not make them know and recommend for a good Tweaking?

And finally, if these Ram with 1.5 Vstock voltage, ... rises the voltage to 1.60 to 1.625 V, there is a performance increase in OC or is it just an unnecessary risk?

Thanks for your answers and greetings from

sandro c.

And what about the times of the secondary or tertiary Ram?

They are so important as they say ?

Just set the first four timings and leave all others on auto for the board to set. This is why they are not published anywhere on Corsairs site.

And finally, if these Ram with 1.5 Vstock voltage, ... rises the voltage to 1.60 to 1.625 V, there is a performance increase in OC or is it just an unnecessary risk?

If you need 1.6-.165v to be stable then there is no problem. just be sure your cPU temps are in check. The extra voltage will cause extra heat.

Why when everytime somoone comes to the tweaking setup of the memory, nobody give the specific setup of the secondary and terthiarytimings that are of fundamental importance, and why Corsair no indication of them?

Secondary Timings for the XMP you can see in your UEFI -> SPD Information Tab or in some system tools e.g. Aida64 -> Motherboard -> SPD. Tertiaries are determined by the board itself or set manually if needed (esp. when overclocking beyond XMP / specifications).

Also, these secondary timings can vary across different boards and chipsets. They can even vary from BIOS version to version. As such, there is no set recommendation for them like there are with the primary timings. As noted, they will be set by your individual board. You'll have to figure them out via research or trial and error.

Thanks guys,

for diligent of your answers, I think I'll have to be satisfied with the results achieved so far, however I am pleased to communicate the setup used 24/7 and quite stable:

@ Clk CPU Vcore-4692-46x 1.42 v

Ram clk-@2189 -BCLK@ 103 -VDRAM to 1.55v

VTT and VCCSA to 1,175 v

Mem.timings-9-11-10-27-1t-128-all other -AUTO

If you have suggestions for improvement are well accepted or recommended me... to stop that!

greetings from

sandro c.

Archived