Corsair Community

Corsair Memory 8 sticks or 2*4 sticks

Pilsbury

Hi Folks:

I would like to know could there be a problem using 2 sets of either 32GB memory below, in my system. The mother board has 2 CPU's each with 4 memory slots, I would like to fill them all now so I will have compatible memory in all. They are both listed on the Asus website as compatible, with 1 set.

The other 64GB set below is not listed as compatible on their site,

however Corsair suggests that it is compatible will most quad channel boards.

Motherboard Asus Z9PE-D8 WS

Dominator® GT with DHX Pro Connector — 1.5V 32GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMT32GX3M4X1866C9

9-10-9-27

1.5V

4 sticks x2

Vengeance® — 32GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit

(CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10)

10-11-10-30

1.5V

4 sticks x2

Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver Heatspreader DDR3-1866 MHz 64GB/8 CL9-10-9-27 XMP 1.3 Desktop Memory CMY64GX3M8A1866C9

8 sticks 8GB

9-10-9-27

1.5V

8 sticks

Wytnyt this is a bit different than a standard board

@Pilsbury

Your in a bit of a different position than most with a server board. You basically have two systems, so you could run a 32 gig set with each CPU. Or you could just get one 64 gig kit and split it up.

As long as you have one matched kit in each bank , you'll be fine. Any of the kits you have listed above will work great regardless of the marketing. The four stick dual channel kits will run just fine in quad. Any of Corsairs current DDR3 memory would be 100% compatible with that board. Some kits may not have been specifically tested , but would still be compatible.

Well, they do have independent memory controllers, but can't be set up independently. They would all run the same. But you can treat them as two separate systems with memory.

And with a server board or WS board , you have to watch because not all of them will use standard memory.

Archived