Corsair Community

Force 3 upgrade fail?

tokintmash

I tried to upgrade from 1.3 to 5x using Sandforce method in WIN 10.

I got the green checkmark in Corsair FieldUpdater, but after the rescan it does not find that disk anymore.

In device manager the disk is now named SandForce{200026BB} and the partitioning tool thinks that the size of the disk is zero.

I did clear the BIOS. Also took out the battery for a few minutes.

I did pick the correct file too. I had even the same serial number ending that the disk in the PDF tutorial.

Is it now a brick? Is there anything that can be done?

Well.... :D

I actually had tried to use the disk in the upgrade bay of my laptop and via USB and got the same results. I also tried it via another USB cable with another computer and got the same results.

When I read your post I installed the disk again but this time to the main HD slot and moved the main HDD to the upgrade bay. In the UEFI it now only showed the upgrade bay. So I figured it didn't show the main slot because it did not detect the SSD. So I left it and went out.

When I got back I started the SSD Toolbox for whatever reason and saw that it showed the correct information - 120GB and firmware version 5.05...

I used Minitool partition wizard free to migrate the system (because SSD Toolbox failed to clone) to SSD and voila. I write this running the system already from SSD. :) So, thanks for making me try again! :)

Archived