Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

I'm glad to see my Corsair stuff being detected in HWInfo. At least I can know exactly what happens with the fans/pump when I close iCUE/Service. And it seems like it does what it should when I send my H115i Pro values.

This will cause massive issues with iCue.

Do not have multiple applications accessing the readings for your Corsair hardware. BOTH applications will exhibit strange behavior, though iCue will be more noticeable. It may also cause the driver to crash.

These devices only allow 1 application to access the device at a time (Highlander Mode). When more than 1 access the application, it can cause driver and/or application crashes.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still happening as of 3.8.91

all fan control / pump control freezes (all run at default) every boot and randomly during use.

I love how there is a 'restart service' button in the settings these days.. no need to open the services manually.

Absolutely ridiculous.

This will cause massive issues with iCue.

Do not have multiple applications accessing the readings for your Corsair hardware. BOTH applications will exhibit strange behavior, though iCue will be more noticeable. It may also cause the driver to crash.

These devices only allow 1 application to access the device at a time (Highlander Mode). When more than 1 access the application, it can cause driver and/or application crashes.

Yes I realized that. If I ever need to see in HWinfo I stop ioCUE and the service first. And the other way around too.

• 3 weeks later...
The flatline issue still exists in 3.9.93, any updates on this? Not running any other performance monitoring software other than iCUE.

They are working on the issue but I don't have an ETA.

However - I notice that your pump speed is really low and your fan speed is zero. Is this normal? That pump speed shouldn't EVER be that low, even when frozen. Quiet mode should be around 1900-2000 RPM for that cooler. That's an indication that you aren't powering the pump correctly. See section B of the Liquid Cooler FAQ in my signature for details.

Ever since Icue I have been getting random game crashes where the screen goes blank but the sounds continue.

Well I got sick of trying to troubleshoot this and have removed it entirely from my system.

Thought I had downloaded Cue 2 from corsairs site but is was icue.

Anyone have a copy of the Cue 2??

Ryzen5 1600

Strix 470

16Gb Corsair ram

M65 and K65

Hi all,

Had to format my PC, so a fresh updated install of windows.

Installed latest iCue (3.9.93).

As soon as I loaded my custom fan profile, the freeze happens eventually.

I'm convinced that if I load one of the default profiles (Quiet or Balanced for example) this issue doesn't occur.

I also used HWInfo to see if the problem was with iCue getting readings, but the readings there also failed.

They are working on the issue but I don't have an ETA.

However - I notice that your pump speed is really low and your fan speed is zero. Is this normal? That pump speed shouldn't EVER be that low, even when frozen. Quiet mode should be around 1900-2000 RPM for that cooler. That's an indication that you aren't powering the pump correctly. See section B of the Liquid Cooler FAQ in my signature for details.

Thanks for confirming a fix is on the way DevBiker.

Yes my pump speed has always been that low on Quiet mode, usually around 1400RPM when not under load (as in the instance of the screenshot). If I switch to Extreme, it picks up to around 2000-2100RPM when not under load. As for the fans, 32 degrees seems to be around the magic number where the fans kick in. Below that, the default profiles will not activate it, but above they can start to come on.

I read your FAQ and turned the CPU fan speed in the BIOS to Full. The pump now runs at ~2000RPM quiet / 3100RPM extreme. Fans run at 900-1200RPM on quiet.

Quiet.JPG.21acc5c05c3f9f73fd51daec2b77fb1f.JPG

Extreme.JPG.96279273e2a09906be53315b27fa0195.JPG

Edited by travman320

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have been having the same issue for months with the Corsair Service freezing and having to be manually restarted. In my case when it freezes all of the fans go to 100%. This is easily fixed by ending the "Corsair Service" task, which immediately restarts.

I have an H115i Extreme, I had to replace the fans on it already because the bearings went bad (I put Noctua 140mm 3000RPM fans on it). The issue occurred both with the old and new fans, so that is not related.

I also have a GRID+ fan controller, so I have to run the NZXT CAM software as well but to my knowledge is does not attempt to access the Corsair hardware other than simply reading the pump speed from the CPU header.

This has been a super annoying issue as the PC is in my bedroom and 3k RPM Noctua fans are extremely loud when running at 100%. I have attached the log files and any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you,

EvilWoodchuck

4790k.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The same thing has been happening to me for a while. I have the h100i v2. Seeing how long this has been going on it's hard to believe that this is still an issue. It really sucks when I start a game with a low fan speed and the coolant heats up but that fans stay low. I get off the game forgetting to restart ICUE 3 times and the coolant temperature is like 37 degrees(which is high for me considering it usually sits between 30 and 33 degrees for a graphics intensive game).

Another desperate bump here!

Running the H115i Cooler and I saved the static light and cooling profile to the cooler, but the Corsair Service hang still breaks everything.

Found my CPU at boiling temps when iCUE crashed at the start of a gaming session, running some expensive hardware with faith in the ever failing iCUE Software.. Is there any update from Corsair with regards to the issue? This thread is 11 pages long and going strong, they're losing clients due to the crappy software.

I have a suggestion to resolve the issue a bit faster though.. Since corsair ain't responding we can maybe head over to the Linus tech tips forums and make ourselves heard over there? It's worth a shot.. We can reference this thread and hear if there's anyone else that has the issue..

I posted on the Corsair subreddit. Been having this problem, Hasn't been fixed with the 3.11.114 update. Pretty bad that this hasn't been fixed after 6 months.

[ame]

[/ame]

(sorry don't know how to put the video in spoiler)

Here is a video of my problem. If my CPU explodes because I can't see the coolant temperature I'm gonna be peeved.

Having the same issue with my H80i v2.

The only thing that helps is setting the corsair service to high priority, but I really don't like having to do this, as it causes issues when system load is very high.

I just made an account to post this. I'm very satisfied with my corsair products otherwise but if this can't get fixed I'll have no choice but to keep this in consideration when selecting upgrades in the future.

Running a H80i V2 same as @Kyrgizion, my faults seems to occur after sleeping my PC however, I stopped that now and have only noticed the issue arise during high PC loads such as playing Rainbow Six Siege. I've followed the workarounds as suggested by the other fourm users and I will update with results. However, as many other users have suggested; I may look into other products as this is letting everyone who supports Corsair down. After reading the 12 pages regarding this issue we did have Corsair support attempting to help us but they seem to have gone off the radar.

If anyone has any further strides in fixing this issue I would appreciate it. It's such as shame Corsair would let a fantastic product be dragged down by shoddy software. Considering this is my first proper PC build this has damaged and will continue to damage Corsairs reputation.

PS: More info, I may be the only person experiencing this bug as I haven't seen other speak of this. However, after sleeping my PC the cooler returns to the default colour. This can rarely happen on boot up as well. Restarting the service turns my colour back to what I have selected.

Ironic, I have attempted to create a ticket and their website isn't working correctly.

Edited by BrewMyTeabag

I have been having this problem with my h100i v2 and it was causing my CPU to get very hot during a gaming session because the fan speed wouldn't change. Restarting the Corsair service would only fix the issue for 30 mins max.

I gave up waiting for an update from Corsair to fix iCUE and went back to Corsair Link v4.9 and CUE v2.21. Since then I haven't had a single issue as well as both applications combined use less resources than iCUE.

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. If Corsair is going to release software for their products, I expect them to be able to fix MAJOR problems with it within a reasonable timeframe. I turned off my PC last night and turned it on this morning. ICUE still had the temperature and fan speed readings from last night. It was still frozen after turning off my PC. I have a Corsair keyboard, mouse, case, and cooler. If these problems don't get fixed quickly, I'm going to assume Corsair doesn't give a rat's ***** about their customers and will be buying different products. Over six months without a fix and it's still going on. Pitiful honestly.

Edit: Just looked in the ICUE forum and this post has 17k views with 170 replies. It has gotten this much attention from people looking on the internet for fixes but still can't seem to be fixed.

Edited by parrote3
Update

The best thing i've found that solved my problem was to remove all other programs that also monitor your PCs temps and other hardware. My main issue was the EVGA software for my GPU. Removed that and reinstalled iCue and I haven't had an issue since.

Seems like the software conflicts and causes the iCue service to give up.

So I've had a little variant of this problem. I swapped my monitor for my 4k30hz tv, started cranking everything on full settings and got good temps. Had all software and drivers fully updated, but running Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 in conjunction with iCUE.

At first, games would freeze within 2-4 minutes, and I'm talking sound freezes, 1 minute delays to inputs and alt-tabbing.

Somehow the next day I managed to run games for up to 1 hour at a time until the freeze. I checked load and temp, CPU was at 50%, GPU at 80%.

I kept trying different things, once unplugging my mouse and keyboard caused the screen to resync and then desktop was fine. One time windows stopped the game from accessing the GPU.

The last time, I managed to slowly close the game, then get task manager open. My CPU was idling at 9%, GPU at 0%, but clicking or moving anything caused a freeze and it could take up to a minute for a right click menu. Absurd, considering nothing was at load and no program was open.

Corsair.service.cpuidremote was running at 7% (I turned off full software control for my ram), so I killed the task. Everything was back to normal until the task was restarted by another corsair service, and that caused a long freeze just restarting it. I repeated this a few times.

So I went to rename the file while simultaneously killing the task. Of course since this is the hardware monitor for the fan speeds, I had to set a static speed. But everything worked fine afterwards.

I'm not sure if everything worked when I was at 1080p60hz because of the lower load, or because I didn't update both iCUE and RGB Fusion yet while still using 1080...but this is far from my first issue with iCUE.

I think I'm on issue 9 with this awful software on my new build. Ridiculous.

Same problem... When gaming (Battlefield V) or rendering or running prime 95, pretty much anything that generates some heat iCUE flatlines and I have to kill it's service in task manager for it to work again. Sometimes I have to do this 5 or 6 times a night while gaming and nearly always when I am rendering something. Version 3.11.114

Corsair please fix this, I love the temps on my delidded 8700k on full load (around 65°C) but this is making me just want to do a custom loop as it's aggravating as all heck.