Corsair Community

h100iV2 + command pro

automag91

SO I have my 2 rad fans connected to the Y-cord with the 3pin connected to a 4 pin in port 6 on my commander pro. My question is, on the dashboard I am getting fan 2 different fan readings for my cooler fans and for my fan6 on the commander pro . If I make 100% profile for the fan 6 in the commander it only maxes about 950. Then if I make 100% profile under the cooler settings, my cooler fans reaches 100% but my fan6 in the commander still only shows the 950

I guess my question is where is the fan6 reading really coming from? Also, I don't have the rad fans connected the MB at all, just in fan6 of the commander. Also, is it better to have the rad fans on the y-cord connected to the MB CPU FAN for better cooling and temp control and not the commander? It seems the profiles set for the fans between the commander and cooler may not like each other or fighting?

Any input would be nice or how other have their h110iv2 fans and commander pro setup

commader.thumb.jpg.ebe31894592e20ff34870ae4b3450567.jpg

cooler.thumb.jpg.a372ca6ebcfcbb7cf06ad816b20f5f92.jpg

Stop doing that. Don't change the voltage to the H100i v2, including the pump and fans. This is not beneficial in any respect. You have separate controls for the pump and fans in the cooler section of iCUE. "Fan 6" is reading 1/2 the actual pump speed. This is normal for that series Asetek pump and it is not related to the iCUE software. It will appear in your BIOS this way as well, if you move it back to the board. And while you can use a C-Pro port to power the H100i v2, I would not. It does not require fan control and you can stash in on most motherboard headers set to 100%/Disabled or however Gigabyte references that full 12v state. CPU fan is generally good for this since it has limited other uses.

No, you should not connect the radiator fans to CPU or OPT on the board. That will force them to run off CPU temperature and that's not how the cooler functions nor overly desirable from a user perspective. Rapid fan changes in response to CPU temp changes does not alter the cooling aspect. It does increase noise. Fan speed only needs to go up when the coolant temp goes up. You have the ability to sync your entire system to this through both the cooler's fan controller and it is also a choice on the Commander Pro's drop down menu.

So ... the 3 pin should really be connected to the CPU_FAN header, as detailed in the installation instructions. This is used to power the cooler and it'll need some amperage. Also, it provides a tach signal to the CPU_FAN to prevent the CPU_FAN warning in the BIOS ... which you'll only get if it's dead (so having that warning is a good thing). You're far better off putting that on the CPU_FAN, as detailed in the installation instructions, than on the Commander Pro.

You will, however, need to make sure that the CPU_FAN is set to 100%/Full Power. It's possible that it's not getting that from the Commander Pro - it certainly isn't getting that if you have a fan curve set to it. DO NOT set a fan curve for that header. Please see section B of the Cooler FAQ.

Finally, the RPM reported is about 1/2 of the pump speed. It has no relevance to the speed of the fans.

So what you are saying is the 3 pins is more or less powering the pump rpm and while I can connect to the 2 fans directly to the commander pro without the y-cord its really just defeating the purpose of letting the fans and pump work coincide with each through the y-cord and icue software with the h100iv2 profiles?

Hey guys ty for input, makes sense now after reading the answers and faqs. I was mostly confused with the fan6 commander read or the fan1 mb reading if plugged into the mb, is basically half the pump reading and nothing you can do about it. Just let the h100i controll the fans and pump from the CPU header and just worry about the fan and pump readings from the cooler

Hey guys ty for input, makes sense now after reading the answers and faqs. I was mostly confused with the fan6 commander read or the fan1 mb reading if plugged into the mb, is basically half the pump reading and nothing you can do about it. Just let the h100i controll the fans and pump from the CPU header and just worry about the fan and pump readings from the cooler

Yup! :cool:

Archived