Corsair Community

Commander Pro With More Than 6 x RGB Fans ?

Dicehunter

So I have the Corsair Commander Pro and have 6 x HDRGB fans hooked up to it, I have the H150i Pro in the front of my 570X but I REALLY want to add 3 more HDRGB fans to the inside of the rad in pull, I know performance would only be at best 1'c better but this is simply for looks.

Is there any way of hooking up a further 3 x RGB fans and be able to control the colours, Speed etc... ?

QQWxLdu.jpg

Hey bud....

few ways to do it. some are making up splitters so you have 2 fans per header on the RGB Fan LED Hub.. would increase the load on the hub though...

My self I went down the multiple RGB fan LED Hub route..

here is how mine is set up (ish)..

Aw7Bfw6h.png

technically it's LL's one side of the Rad and HD's on the other side

BXJEpkhh.png

and Still got the H100iv2 in there.. H150i is on the hit list soon.

if you click on 'Corsair Link and Hardware Advice/Information/setup Diagrams' in my signature you will find details of Commander Pro's and fans etc spec's including amp limits etc ;)

Note:

H150i using splitters to power 6 Fans would be close on or just over it's recommended Amp limit...

3 x HDRGB fans should be ok for the H150i Pro to handle though right ?

for PWM control.. I can't recall if its just under or just over the H150's amp limit.. I run mine off of the CoPro atm using splitters.. I need to adjust my diagram...

Cooleo, So going by the updated diagram, 3 x HDRGB fans should be ok for the H150i Pro then ? If not I'll just get a few splitters and run them off the CLCP :):

as in running all 6 from the H150i? or just the 3..

3 HD's is no issue at all.. 3 HD's and the stock ML fans.. no issues at all.. 3 HD's and 3 ML rgb fans no issue at all... but I think 6 HD fans are pretty close on or slightly over the H150i's Amps Limit.. I know with my 3 LL fans fans and 3 HD fans I would be just over.. I haven't got the info to hand and cant recall is it's the HD or LL that draw more amps...

as in running all 6 from the H150i? or just the 3..

3 HD's is no issue at all.. 3 HD's and the stock ML fans.. no issues at all.. 3 HD's and 3 ML rgb fans no issue at all... but I think 6 HD fans are pretty close on or slightly over the H150i's Amps Limit.. I know with my 3 LL fans fans and 3 HD fans I would be just over.. I haven't got the info to hand and cant recall is it's the HD or LL that draw more amps...

It's just 3 x HDRGB fans run off the H150i Pro and nothing else, All other fans are powered from the CLCP :):

got it... HD fans are 0.30a... times that by 6.. add that the pumps needs 0.45A and you have a 2a limit in total

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro, there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit. so do your Math lol

I use y splitters on my CoPro's first 3 headers

got it... HD fans are 0.30a... times that by 6.. add that the pumps needs 0.45A and you have a 2a limit in total

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro, there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit. so do your Math lol

I use y splitters on my CoPro's first 3 headers

Well if the H150i has a limit of 2A including its own pump then I should be a good amount below that, 1.35 amps in total with 3 x HDRGB fans being powered by it :):

It's just 3 x HDRGB fans run off the H150i Pro and nothing else, All other fans are powered from the CLCP :):

WINNER.. your sorted dude!,, I need to see pictures.. was HD push/pull prior to getting LL's.. but I kept the HD's on the back of my rad as the LL is a one side effects type of guy.....

how's the cable management going in the back? and did you see my 'Project Cable Management' mod??

My CM is ok but not show stopping, Pretty basic actually, I actually bought a side panel cover mod to hide any cables, Just makes it look neater IMO, VERY thin black acrylic.

Not my photo but gives an idea of the look, Also haven't seen your mod but will give it a look :):

side-panel-solid-cover-black.jpg

well that works well eh... although.. I think i would try to trim it down so it doesn't extend past the case on the front edge...

Mine fits quite flush with the window, I think ColdZero has already had multiple revisions to correct this :):

Nice RGB rear window mod BTW, Looks ace !

Archived