CORSAIR 760T v2

Intel i5-7600k

Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO

CORSAIR 16gb RGB

CORSAIR RMi 650

MSI Z270 Gaming M5

500 gb Seagate HDD (used)

1TB WD (new)

After finishing the rig, I plugged in the power supply and push the power button. PC is not connected to a monitor yet. It does not turn on. I tried to remove some parts to troubleshoot the problem, still nothing.

What would be the problem? I did not ground my self though I am using an anti-static mat. Did I fry my motherboard?

I had difficulty putting the cooler so I am not sure if I touched the CPU and damaged it when adjusting the cooler.

The most common damage would be to the pins on the motherboard; those things are very thin and easy to bend. That said, once you mount the CPU properly, you won't hurt them. But before we get to removing the CPU and examining the pins, let's do some other things.

First, some images of your build would be good. We might be able to spot something missing.

Do connect the monitor ... you should turn on but the system may show an error and halt.

Do any of the motherboard's LEDs come on? How about the diagnostic code on that MSI motherboard?

Did you connect the case headers to the motherboard? You do need, at least, the power button to be connected.

Take it down to basics.. so remove anything not needed.

check,,

cpu power 8 pin plug up above and to the left of the cpu is in securely

Check 24 pin plug on the right hand side of ram is in securley

make sure start button cables are on the right pins on motherboaard..

is your PSU modular?. if so check those connections there also..

does the PSU power up?

[ame]

[/ame]

The most common damage would be to the pins on the motherboard; those things are very thin and easy to bend. That said, once you mount the CPU properly, you won't hurt them. But before we get to removing the CPU and examining the pins, let's do some other things.

First, some images of your build would be good. We might be able to spot something missing.

Do connect the monitor ... you should turn on but the system may show an error and halt.

Do any of the motherboard's LEDs come on? How about the diagnostic code on that MSI motherboard?

Did you connect the case headers to the motherboard? You do need, at least, the power button to be connected.

See attached snapshots. The front panel connectors were inserted when I booted it up but nothing happened.

Where can I find the motherboard LEDs? What is the function of the diagnostic code and where can I find it?

20180214_045941.thumb.jpg.8f04fb7fcdac16a933c1fcb24148a32e.jpg

20180214_045830.thumb.jpg.a6b7f1395f6a7c1bec6da7a0b9476af6.jpg

Take it down to basics.. so remove anything not needed.

check,,

cpu power 8 pin plug up above and to the left of the cpu is in securely

Check 24 pin plug on the right hand side of ram is in securley

make sure start button cables are on the right pins on motherboaard..

is your PSU modular?. if so check those connections there also..

does the PSU power up?

Yes. The 8pin CPU and 24pin motherboard cables are inserted properly. Do I need to push it a bit more?

I inserted the front panel connectors including the power switch but nothing happened.

Yes the PSU is modular. All inserted but not sure if connected enough. It did not power up. I even used the fan test mode but nothing as well.

1) You need to read your manual. The motherboard diagnostic LEDs are listed on Pages 42 through 46 of your user's manual. I've been building my own PCs for over 20 years and I go through the manual for every motherboard before installing.

2) You don't have anything connected to the front panel connectors. See pages 25 and 26 of your manual for the location (JFP1). The layout is on page 6, in the "Quick Start" section of your manual.

3) Even without the front panel connectors, you should be getting +5V StandBy, which would light up the motherboard RGB LEDs (usually). Check the rocker on the power supply and make sure that it's switched on. It will be marked with an "I". (See Page 13 of your manual, item #6).

what is plugged in to the back of the motherboard?

Also, are you positive that the modular cables are in the correct slots on the PSU? Can you show those?

Additionally, make sure that they are tight.

And flip the PSU button both ways. Just to be sure.

What do you mean flip the PSU button both ways?

what is plugged in to the back of the motherboard?

Also, are you positive that the modular cables are in the correct slots on the PSU? Can you show those?

Additionally, make sure that they are tight.

And flip the PSU button both ways. Just to be sure.

This cable goes at the last slot, right? I connected my TV using HDMI cable.

15186180098882022568656.thumb.jpg.9068743cf671fe751310d020da20f9ab.jpg

Archived