Corsair Community

Dual RM1000x 6x1080ti gpus, one psu fan not spinning

Jezza

Dual RM1000x powering a mining rig with 6 x 1080 ti gpus

Evenly distributed load, around 800-850 watt from each psu, one works normally, other fan is not spinning and psu get very hot to touch.

Fan is regulated by temp sensor locally? Should work even if not connected to mb with 24pin atx?

Brand new psu, faulty? Or am I missing something in my first dual psu build?

I'm using Mining PSU Splitter ATX 30cm 24 pin dual.

While testing I switched my two psu's around so the one without fan spinning was powering motherboard. Then fan started working. Switched back, no fan spinning. So as a stop gap solution I used a 120mm case suspended above psu with no fan spinning, powered with a new modular molex cable direct from psu to keep it cool. And the psu fan started working.

If i disconnect case fan psu fan will keep spinning. If I disconnect modular cable from psu, psu fan stops working.

Pretty confused about what's going on.

so it sounds like the PSU splitter cable is faulty. There are 2 pins on the atx 12 pin cable that need to be jumped for the power supply to power up. If the pin is improperly grounded it wont spin the fan. So if it works plugged into the motherboard I would use the stock cables with the PSU and get a PSU jumper. They are used in watercooling for the most part but would work in your use case.

They look like this.

$_58.JPG

• 1 month later...

Evenly distributed load, around 800-850 watt from each psu, one works normally, other fan is not spinning and psu get very hot to touch.

You ever find a solution? I have a mining rig setup HX1200i plugged into motherboard & HX1000i using adapter in my attached image to power on both power supplies. Should I use adapter Corsair Mike is recommending? Anyone use the green adapter? HX1000i fan is not spinning so I'm using Corsair Link to manually spin fan.

1891795294_51bNTGDRKL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.e099e6789b4dd68028f5fe98fb779da1.jpg

61GrhiMIKqL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.f61d15cec712ce00388a230afb4b355d.jpg

Archived