Corsair Community

corsair force mp500 m2 ssd

perry404

Hello,

It is more a question about the corsair toolbox but could not found a toolbox discussion.

I recently bought an corsair force mp500 m2 ssd off 120gb. (101.77 free use)

It is for my laptop that supports 1x 2,5mm disk and an 1x m2 ssd.

>The hhd is slow and I want my OS on my m2 ssd.

The laptop is new and has just an few install on it that make the total used space 97gb on the hhd. but i want to clone everything and place it on the ssd.

of course I try it with the corsair toolbox that I find on the site.

first i looked at the info that is given by the toolbox

i saw point 3

" After cloning is finished, shutdown the system first, then disconnect the old system drive (source), and move/connect the new system drive (destination) to the same SATA port as the old one.''

I can not connect it to the same sata.

--------------------------------------------------------

Still I did try it.

I did only apply:

efc system fat 32 (600mb)

windows data C: 92gb used of (600gb) and i did set it to 101,7gb (all empty space so that part is fully covering al loose date on ssd)

So I did not replace data D: 0gb used of 380 (empty participation) and windows recovery 0.9gb

It gives the error that it could not make partitions, after like 5 hours of running.

What did I wrong and how can i solve it. Help

Put in a support ticket with Corsair and see whether they can help you with the cloning issue. Otherwise, try a third party tool and see whether that works as well.

As usual, make sure you back up all your data on a separate drive in case something goes wrong.

Archived