Corsair Community

To buy or not to buy?

Rodders1

Hi all,

So i'm curious in the Corsair One. The design looks amazing, it's refreshing to see a simple design. Like when you go for a expensive date, you dress to impress. The specs are top of the range, and shows a standard of quality. Maybe Corsair have taken a lead from Apple, in making only products that fit the bill. Well the price certainly says so.

Like most people that work day to day, i'm interested in making sure i get the best for my money.

I've seen that the One is upgradable is mostly every area, however i haven't seen anyone actually take out the GPU. And what about the rumoured new Nvidia range, let alone a possible return for Intel to the GPU market?

The range of different models is a little confusing. For instants Brits have different models than the Americans, why is that? I've seen a review that an American received a One with a ~960GB SSD, yet i'm unable to locate that here in Britain.

I'm looking to game on the latest games like Total War series, to all time classics like the recently released Age of Empires DE. Maybe one day when my internet is better than a cool average of ~200kb/s, i'll get into video editing and publishing online.

So i turn to this community to help me figure out what is a good choice, and maybe even future proof. On Amazon there are five options:

1 - £1799. Intel I7-7700 3.6 GHz Processor, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD & 240GB SSD, GTX 1070, Windows 10 Home

2 - £1811. Intel I7-7700K 4.2 GHz Processor, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD & 480GB SSD, GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home

3 - £2065. Intel I7-7700K, 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 480GB, M.2 SSD, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080, 8GB Graphics, Windows 10 Home

4 - £2484. Intel I7-7700K, 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 480GB M.2 SSD, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB Graphics, Windows 10 Home

5 - £2549. Intel Core i7-8700k 4.6 GHz Six-Core Processor, 16 GB RAM, 2 GB SDD, 11 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card, Windows 10 Home

Really appreciate anyones help and guidance.

Thank you in advance!

The only difference between -NA, -EU, -UK are the power cable.

To play, well it depends on the resolution of you monitor.

For 1080p the option 2 or 3 is more than enough. I mean, you could go with the option 1, but for that difference in money you should go with 2. The difference in money between 2 and 3 doesn't make sense to me, are the same model and the only difference is the main disk. Used to be in the other way, more expensive the SSD version than the M.2 version.

But if you are going to get into video editing the 2 cores extra from the option 5 are for some people a must, also if you are going to that range of money pick the 32GB version, top of the line.

To me the best you can get for the money in your list is option 2.

Hi lreypei,

Thanks for the reply, I have a 2k monitor. It worked well with the 680 on my last pc.

I'm with you saying that option 2 just seems the best. Option 3 just seems to give me M.2 SSD, and the question would be wether it would be worth it.

Archived