Corsair Community

Corsair Link with Windows 7 or 8.1?

AlphaBravo

Everything works much better on win 7,,Microsoft cant get win 8 up to par so imop their hoping win 10 will work better but only time will tell.

wytnyt is slinging pure FUD!

Corsair Link seems to work better on Win 7. Note that it still has plenty of issues under Win 7.

With that said, Win 8 from a stability perspective is much more robust than Win 7.

Just slinging pure facts is all;):

I cant help that issues with win7 are miniscule as compared to win 8

but of course don't just take my word for it,just look at the forum topics related to each,its abundantly obvious...

oh,and nice of you to pop by the forum to say hey,feel free to do so anytime...

I ran the original Corsair Link unit (along with the Cooling Node and Lighting Node) under Windows 8 (not 8.1). It seemed to run all right for me using Windows 8, but I think that I am going to go with Windows 7 and hope that I don't encounter the numerous problems that people seem to be having with Corsair Link and Windows 8.1.

I ran the original Corsair Link unit (along with the Cooling Node and Lighting Node) under Windows 8 (not 8.1). It seemed to run all right for me using Windows 8, but I think that I am going to go with Windows 7 and hope that I don't encounter the numerous problems that people seem to be having with Corsair Link and Windows 8.1.

It may be worth noting that the software 5110 and 5145 works best with win 7...

I ran windows 7 for years with the link. Went through hell. Its not the windows that is the issue but the CL software. Under Win 7, I would get errors and CL would shut down while everything else worked just fine. Under Win 8 (8.1), I now have it running JUST monitoring everything. Works just fine with a few bugs. Would have been really nice if you could control the headers on the MB that you otherwise would do in the BIOS or speedfan for example.

OP, its up to you to spend money on a 7+ year old OS or go with the newer version of it. I can't stand Win 8 and never wanted it since its a tablet feel but its not so bad after all. I got classic menu installed to have the Windows 7 feel. I had to get Windows 8 to make my new hardware work. Up to you on how you want to go with this. Pick whichever you want but if you're looking to get into the newer M.2 OS and or storage capabilities of a MB, than I'd suggest going with Win 8.

Don't decide based on CL because you will regret it. It really is a coin flip if CL will like 7 or 8 better. I believe they've been working on it to get it stable with 8 since 7 if fairly old.

Honestly I'm not sure how relevant the choice is at this point; the upgrade to Windows 10 will be free off of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 anyhow.

So I may as well just get whatever operating system will be the best for me (and Corsair Link) for the next year or so. Hopefully, Corsair is working on making Corsair Link work with Windows 10.

I just spent $450 on win7 ultimate for all my builds,win7 has proven to be a good OS,win 8,10 nnn no

I find it amusing that you post about how Win 10 will not be good, when in another thread it needed to be pointed out to you that Win 10 is available as a technical preview. So, it is obvious you know nothing about it, have never tried it (or you would have known it was available as a tech preview), but you're ready to proclaim that Win 10 is no good. :laughing:

I find it amusing that you post about how Win 10 will not be good, when in another thread it needed to be pointed out to you that Win 10 is available as a technical preview. So, it is obvious you know nothing about it, have never tried it (or you would have known it was available as a tech preview), but you're ready to proclaim that Win 10 is no good. :laughing:

No,on the contrary,I know nothing about win 10 as Ive not used it,but do use win 7 which has proven itself to me in many ways unlike win 10 .I don't really feel the need to change ,if something works why change?

Heck im still running 4816 for an H80 in my grand daughters build,if it works why change;):

Ill try win 10 eventually but Ill let others test it first...:D:

Archived