Corsair Community

Windows 10 technical preview compatability

lukacsmw

Hoping W10 will based on W7 kernel rather than W8.1 kernel is novel :laughing:. I have been developing for W10 for 9 months and it's W8.1 based.

CL 2.7.5361 runs as well on Build 9926 as it does on W8.1. With earlier W10 builds the CPUZ137 driver would not start so CL was rather limited. What will happen with the next build is anyone's guess.

If you look hard enough then you will find a few threads about CL and W10 for the previous builds. I easily found http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133293 and http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132954. I recall there are others.

How can it be tried when it isnt out yet?

anyways,hopefully its based off win 7 and not win 8...

As the poster said, they are looking to try the Win 10 technical preview. I would have thought you smart enough to clue in on the words "technical preview".

It's also hilarious to think Microsoft will be basing Win 10 off Win 7's core. So I guess you're hoping CL decides that the next version will get based on CL 1.0.

It is novel to think Microsoft would base a new Os off of a proven working platform,with their track record its obvious win8 would be used instead.

Why not have consumers invest in several operating systems rather than only one..:roll:

Win 8/8.1 have many changes "under the hood" that make it more robust and stable than any earlier version of windows. Win 8/8.1 have not been popular with consumers as they removed the start menu. The way Win 8/8.1 ship, they make it slightly more difficult for users utilizing keyboard and mouse. With any of a variety of start menu replacement programs, Win8/8.1 work better than Win7... but I doubt you know any of this, as you're likely one of the many who spout rhetoric without ever really experiencing what you talk of.

The comment about having consumers invest in several OS's rather than one, is also very incorrect. If this were Microsoft's goal, why would they have announced than Win10 will be free to Win7 and WIn8/8.1 users if they upgrade within the first year of intro?

And no wytnyt, I don't work for Microsoft.

I've been on Win 10 since November, currently build 9926. Link works OK, occasionally system fans show maxed out rpm (even though they are not.) Shutting down Corsair link and restarting fixes it. Still has plenty of issues and errors but nothing that was not present in Win 8 and prior.

Still waiting on the 'new release' of Corsair Link that was rumored to be released on Jan. 31.....two weeks ago....

Archived