Corsair Community

CUE unusable because of window size

Yolofant

Hello,

I am running CUE 2.5.66 with a K95 on Windows 10 x64 and got a huge issue which renders the software completely unusable for me. The window is simply too big (screenshots are attached). I guess the issue is either connected to Window's DPI scaling or my monitor resolutions. I am running 3 monitors (1st 3440x1440, 2nd 1920x1080, 3rd 3860x2160).

I hope this issue can be fixed since I am happy with my keyboard but I cannot assign any macros or illuminations.

2016-10-26_21-29-34.thumb.jpg.5af615d5e34eddc5cd8c2474fc5526bd.jpg

2016-10-26_21-30-07.thumb.jpg.1e9e06f2496fcd57fdb841463f3269a3.jpg

No resizing does not work at all. I can click the maximize button but then things are still distorted.

Edit: Resizing works, but the minimum size is capped at like the width of 1.5 monitors.

try turning windows scaling off. I think its a combination of windows DPI scaling, and the 3 different monitor sizes thats really tripping up CUE.

I am running 150% window scaling but turning it down to 100% did not resolve the issue. The window minimum size is still capped at the exact same width.

hum... let me talk with some people, see if i cant get a easy fix for you. In the mean time put in a ticket with Corsair Support, they might have an answer.

Alright, I unplugged my tv (3840x2160) and the window size is normal now. At least I can make some settings while my tv is unplugged ;) So the resolutions are the issue.

It would still be nice if the software could be fixed so that I do not need to unplug the HDMI cable every time.

• Corsair Employee
Alright, I unplugged my tv (3840x2160) and the window size is normal now. At least I can make some settings while my tv is unplugged ;) So the resolutions are the issue.

It would still be nice if the software could be fixed so that I do not need to unplug the HDMI cable every time.

I don't think its the resolution because CUE supports 4K. TV's are notorious for bad scaling and may have to be individually scaled through your video card driver preferences to fit properly. On my tv, even its native 1080p, I have to actually scale my video down because windows desk would expand beyond the actual borders.

Edited by Corsair James

I don't think its the resolution because CUE supports 4K. TV's are notorious for bad scaling and may have to be individually scaled through your video card driver preferences to fit properly. On my tv, even its native 1080p, I have to actually scale my video down because windows desk would expand beyond the actual borders.

I have this same problem but with 2 screens, and I don't think it's a Windows scaling issue or at least it's not the main issue, if it was then it wouldn't be scaled wrong on both monitors as scaling would only be applied to the 4K screen would it not?

Also if it was a Windows scaling issue then the problem would be evident elsewhere not least of all in the previous version of Cue, but if it was a problem with the new version of Cue then you'd only see it with Cue, which is incidentally what we're seeing here.

• Corsair Employee
I have this same problem but with 2 screens, and I don't think it's a Windows scaling issue or at least it's not the main issue, if it was then it wouldn't be scaled wrong on both monitors as scaling would only be applied to the 4K screen would it not?

Also if it was a Windows scaling issue then the problem would be evident elsewhere not least of all in the previous version of Cue, but if it was a problem with the new version of Cue then you'd only see it with Cue, which is incidentally what we're seeing here.

The previous version of CUE didn't have Windows scaling at all so its a moot point for comparison (it's also extremely tiny in 4K). Are your two screens the same or different resolution, and do you also see this problem with only one screen?

• 1 year later...
Hi. Same stuff, Got the k95, worked fine for one day - done lots of macros etc, next day resolution became stupidly high (zoomed 200%), cant use CUE or profiles, nothing. How to fix that? win 10 CUE 2.21.67_release. Uninstalled/ Installed 30 times, tried scale, device manager - usb uninstall, screen resolutions etc. nothings helps. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this problem fixed yet or is there a work around besides unplugging me TV everytime I want to use the software. This has been a problem for over a year and I cant use the software for the $200 in hardware I bought. If its not fixed can I ask for a return of my keyboard and mouse?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Doing the following seems to have fixed it for me.

Compatibility Tab for the CUE Exe

Setting Override High DPI scaling behaviour to System Enhanced.

Same still exists, even with the last update.

I've got one 1080p and one 4K monitor.

The cris777's solution worked for me but i think that you must fix it with an update.

• 4 months later...
The lack of actual help for this is utterly rediculous. I cannot find one single resolution that has worked for this issue and i cannot make macros because of it. this isnt the first time ive had issues with these pos software Corsair throws out there. I did what was recommended above to no success. What am i supposed to do? I had the issue with iCue and downgraded assuming it was a beta issue. but no its not.

..I did what was recommended above to no success. What am i supposed to do? I had the issue with iCue and downgraded assuming it was a beta issue. but no its not.

I take it that you tried, disabling DPI scaling entirely? In windows and in any graphics driver and you also tried the chris777 suggestion above:

"Compatibility Tab for the CUE Exe Setting Override High DPI scaling behavior to System Enhanced."

If you have tried cue 2 and icue with the same results, maybe can you post a screenshot and your logs? The users above that complained about the visibility, i get it, i use my 4k tv with my pc and I can never read read much of anything from the couch without zooming - so i use windows magnifier in the cue screen if i need it - works well without the hiccups of dpi scaling.

• 4 weeks later...