Corsair Community

Keyboard do not work & cannot install CUE

Hoang_Nguyen_

Hi all,

I just received a new K70 RGB yesterday which I bought from Scan.co.uk & I was really excited about it. When I plugged it in, it worked normally in BIOS but when I need to log in, it didn't work so I had to plugged my old keyboard to log in. And when I checked the Control Panel, it did show the name of the K70 but it said "driver unavailable". I tried to update & restart many times but nothing changed. Then I tried to install CUE to see if it help. Everything went on smoothly then a box show up said:

"there is a problem with this Window Installer package. A program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected. Contact your support personel or package vendor."

I still can install other software normally in my PC (even cracked softwares) but I still can't install CUE. I have already surfing the forum & google for a day now and i'm really frustrated at this point. I could have broken the keyboard and burned it several times already if I don't keep the despatch note next to me.

Please help :(:.

I doubt the keyboard is broken. Sounds like Windows is not installing the driver for the keyboard.

You can try these and see if it resolves the install problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

I have attached only the drivers for the RGB keyboard. You can try installing the drivers through Device Manager.

driver.zip

I've tried the solution from both links for several times and still can't install CUE or make the keyboard work. So I tried to install CUE & the keyboard on my laptop and they worked normally. Then I copied the CUE from my laptop to my PC & it also work.But still I can't connect the keyboard (and ofc CUE can't detect it neither). Device Manager said it can't find any drivers even if I put the link to the driver folder.

Do you have the keyboard attached through a USB hub? If so plug in to one of the main USB ports from the motherboard. I would also disconnect everything but the KB and mouse from the USB until after CUE installation, and be sure you uninstall any previous keyboard drivers.

So this is what I have done:

+delete previous drivers related to K70 in Device Manager. Restart

+Try all the 2.0 & 3.0 ports then update driver(restart everytime I try a new port because Device Manager can't detect K70 when I unplug & plug it back. I do read & follow the instruction)

I connect both the K70 & the old keyboard to the PC (to log in). And the result is still the same. CUE still can't detected the K70. There is still the yellow triangle on the K70 in Device Manager

What is the hardware id for the keyboard? You can find this in Device Manager. The issue is that Windows is not installing the drivers for the keyboard which is why CUE is not detecting it. Did you try installing the drivers from the attachment posted above?

Is Windows set to automatically install device drivers?

To check if it is set to auto, go to Advanced System Settings>Device Installation Settings> Make sure "Yes, auto..." is selected instead. Then using Device Manger, and search for the driver automatically. It should install it.

Also make sure Windows and your chipset drivers are up to date.

I had a check again and i was wrong, the drivers i uploaded are for CUE not the keyboard itself. The keyboard uses the standard USB driver in Windows.

Archived