Corsair Community

CPU-Z Showing wrong memory speed

MK5

I bought some XMS Corsair 1600MHz 4GB RAM but CPU-Z seems to show a different frequency RAM. Does this mean the RAM is running less than a half slower than normal or is CPU-Z just providing some other/false reading? Apologies for my noobness

http://i36.tinypic.com/2z3qvkn.png

your CPU runs at 1333, and so is your ram at the moment. please post the memory tab, that's the important one. the spd tab just shows what the ram is capable of, not necessarily what speed its running at.

if the memory tab shows 800 then you are running at 1600.

I already read it but I was still slightly confused, can you just confirm that it's not some sort of fault or anything?

No, not based on the information you have given. As noted in the sticky, your actual frequency is shown on the MEMORY tab, not the SPD tab. Post a screenshot of your MEMORY tab. DDR1600 = 800MHz.

your CPU runs at 1333, and so is your ram at the moment. please post the memory tab, that's the important one. the spd tab just shows what the ram is capable of, not necessarily what speed its running at.

if the memory tab shows 800 then you are running at 1600.

Ah sorry I somehow missed your post. The Memory tab shows 800Mhz so I guess that's alright then, thanks a lot.

No, not based on the information you have given. As noted in the sticky, your actual frequency is shown on the MEMORY tab, not the SPD tab. Post a screenshot of your MEMORY tab. DDR1600 = 800MHz.

Thanks

Archived