Corsair Community

iCue anomalies

Yanta

I'm a fan of CorsairLink rather than iCue, but CorsairLink doesn't detect all my cores, and the current version doesn't monitor disks. Apparently those issues are not going to be addressed with CorsairLink, so I installed iCue on my test PC

CPU: I7-7820K

RAM 16GB DDR4-3200 C16Q

Motherboard: MSI Xpower Gaming AC

Cooler: Corsair H100i V2

Case Fractal Design R5 with side fan.

Case has two front fans, rear fan, side, bottom and two cooler fans. All fans are working. Case fans are spinning at 450 - 500 RPM, except rear which I have running about 600RPM. fans are on motherboard. This system does not have a commander Pro

I'm seeing strange behavior from iCue; I can't adjust fan speeds for the cooler . When system starts it's reporting CPU temps in mid 30's with coolant at 41 Celsius. Fans spin up to 2700 RPM (According to iCue), and I cannot adjust the speeds. At 2700 RPM it sounds like a jet plane. Then suddenly, after several minutes, it drops to 1100 - 1200 RPM, but I still cannot control the speeds. Sure I can set a custom fan curve, but it seems to get ignored. Several minutes later... The fans will run flat out again... And this is just with the system idling.

I downloaded the latest iCue of course.

With Corsair link I'm seeing temps in low 30's (Same ambient temp as with the icue), and coolant temp in mid 30's. CorsairLink of course gives me total control over the fans. Cooler fans are spinning at 720-840 RPM.

I don't know which temps/fan speeds to believe.

An observation: There is a lack of flexibility in sizing the iCue software. I don't see all my cores on iCue either. It's certainly not as intuitive as CorsairLink (But maybe I'm biased from running CL for so long:) )

You should be able to monitor drive temps now, however the default state is off. Go to the settings tab in iCUE -> Dashboard (bottom) -> check "Enable hard drive widget". Then you should be able to manually add them to the dashboard through the Dashboard+, >System Info carrot.

That coolant to core temp comparison sounds a bit wacky. However, the single biggest thing to get used to with iCUE is how the fan curves are applied. It is the opposite oof Link and most other programs. With iCUE, go to the device panel (cooler or C-Pro), then click on the fan curve on the left you wish to apply. It will highlight yellow. Now tick all the fans on the right you want to run that curve. They will also highlight yellow. This is contrary to the more traditional select the fan, then tell it what speed. In iCUE, you select the speed, then tell it what fans. It took me a good three months to stop doing that, especially since I was flip-flopping back and forth between Link and iCUE in the early period.

If that's not it, come back and we'll figure it out. What you're describing sounds like the default "quiet fan" behavior, which is strangely erratic. Don't use it. Stick with your custom curve.

Well, I've tried everything I can think of.

Even after the latest update...

• I cannot get iCue to show HDD temps.
  • It is not showing temps for all cores
  • It's only showing 3 of 5 case fans
  • The fans still randomly spin up to insane speeds and stay there for a minute or two.
  • The temps iCue is showing do not agree with CorsairLink, or other monitoring programs.

I tried following your instructions for setting fan curves. There is nothing on the left to click on except Lighting, Notifications, Performance and graphing. No combination of left or right clicking or swearing at the program (in any sub menu) allows me to do anything other than change the name of a fan.

The system in question does not currently have a C-Pro installed. I currently have fans running off the motherboard.

Navigation in this program is an absolute nightmare. I thought CAM was bad...

I'm about to throw this computer off a bridge...

The system in question does not currently have a C-Pro installed. I currently have fans running off the motherboard.

Well, then iCUE and Link aren't going to help with that. You will need to adjust through the BIOS as usual. It can't control a motherboard. It will control the H100i v2 fans, if you have them plugged into the pump's controller and not the board. The "Performance" tab is where fan speed is controlled, for both coolers or Commander Pro fan controllers.

I am not sure why you can't get your drives to show. I have all the same ones and it picks up my m.2 and Samsung SSDs. Untick the hard drive widget, reclick it, then force quit the app and both services. Then re-launch. That should make them visible in the System Info > drop down menu.

Well, then iCUE and Link aren't going to help with that. You will need to adjust through the BIOS as usual. It can't control a motherboard. It will control the H100i v2 fans, if you have them plugged into the pump's controller and not the board. The "Performance" tab is where fan speed is controlled, for both coolers or Commander Pro fan controllers.

I know that. But C-Link shows all fans and their speeds. iCue is showing 3 of the 5 case fans, and the speeds disagree with C-Link. Ther radiator fans are of course running off the pump.

The radiator fan speeds in iCue also differ from what C-Link says. Same with the coolant temp (by 5 degrees Celsius).

I would have thought two software packages from the same company would yield the same results.

I am not sure why you can't get your drives to show. I have all the same ones and it picks up my m.2 and Samsung SSDs. Untick the hard drive widget, reclick it, then force quit the app and both services. Then re-launch. That should make them visible in the System Info > drop down menu.

Sorry, did not work. Still no drives. There are 2 x M.2, 1 x 850 Pro SSD and 2 x Spinners in this system.

And where is this System Info drop down menu? There is no such drop down menu. Do you mean "Dashboard"? Not shown there either.

Found a couple of other anomalies.

• Shows only one of the memory sticks and its timings, but no temps.
  • The fans and temps are mixed up. I can drag them to be in order (Eg Fan #1, Fan #2, Fan #3), but next time I restart iCue they go back to where they were originally.
  • Fan #1 only shows Fan... unless I move it then it shows Fan #1
  • iCue is reporting my GPU fans as 0 RPM whereas Afterburner is saying they are spinning at 700 RPM. When I look at the GPU, the fans are most definitely spinning.
  • When the system boots up Windows plays the Device Connect sound. When I uninstall iCue it does not play that sound

System is Windows 10 1803, latest cumulative (376), if that has any relevance.

Archived