Corsair Community

Corsair One Elite: Dead GPU 2-ish Hours After Unboxing

winkbaufield

I received my Corsair One Elite 1TB SSD system this past Monday, after a protracted delivery process, and was only able to unbox it and set up the unit on Saturday morning.

On its initial startup, I immediately notice a buzzing/whirring noise emanating from the lower-lefthand area of the machine; it is continuous and perpetual. The aberrant sound is well-documented on this forum and on YouTube. Within moments of powering the machine on I already know that it's bound for an eventual replacement.

I'm nonetheless committed to testing the performance of the One Elite, so I commence with the necessary OS, GPU, and proprietary application updates, which take approximately two hours.

At last, I install Unreal Engine 4 and open a game project on which I've been working; within two minutes of merely panning the camera around the environment to observe framerates, the computer freezes, pixellated graphical artifacts populate the display, and the unit blue-screens.

After restarting, it appears that my nVIDIA drivers have been reset, so I reinstall them, run Unreal again, and pan once more through my level. Within a couple of minutes, the One locks up altogether, the screen goes black, and the fan begins spinning at full speed. I have to manually restart the system.

Upon reboot, the screen is inundated with a haze of pure graphical static. The GPU has, apparently, annihilated itself. Wonderful.

Attached is a photo of the GPU-suicide aftermath.

Cumulatively, I'm bewildered. The shipping confusion, the instantaneous and unrelenting buzzing issuing from the computer, and the near-immediate malfunctioning of the GPU have left me disillusioned with Corsair and the One.

I phoned customer service twice Saturday morning alone: the first time to inquire about whether the One Elite 1TB SSD unit was included in the Spectre/Meltdown-vulnerable machines (to which I received no definitive answer) and to ask for advice regarding the buzzing, and, the second time, post-GPU failure, to request a refund on my order.

Perhaps against my best interests, I'm now considering trying a replacement unit as a first course of action rather than proceeding directly with a refund--as I've been anticipating the system greatly--but I'll only be able to attempt this if I'm able to receive a new machine promptly, given my work-related time constraints.

My ticket number is 746771. Can someone please contact me to discuss options regarding a swift resolution to my case?

IMG_0460.thumb.jpg.9706d20d3205de984a45e3899197d9f9.jpg

I’m considering whether to return or replace my non-functioning One Elite. I’d like concrete information about the return and replacement processes, yet I’ve received no response to my initial post.

I’ve already spoken with customer service on multiple occasions, but I continually receive contradictory information, and the agents seem uncertain of any of the procedural details they’re providing.

Is it possible for a manager or supervisor to take ownership of my case, supply me with the correct and definite details regarding returns for refunds versus replacements, and directly facilitate the completion of the either option?

• Corsair Employee
I’m considering whether to return or replace my non-functioning One Elite. I’d like concrete information about the return and replacement processes, yet I’ve received no response to my initial post.

I’ve already spoken with customer service on multiple occasions, but I continually receive contradictory information, and the agents seem uncertain of any of the procedural details they’re providing.

Is it possible for a manager or supervisor to take ownership of my case, supply me with the correct and definite details regarding returns for refunds versus replacements, and directly facilitate the completion of the either option?

hey winkbaufield,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your CORSAIR ONE. Can you PM me your ticket number so that I may help you with your case?

Thanks.

I've PMed you my ticket number.

When I spoke with customer service yesterday, I scheduled a call-back today at 7am PT with a supervisor or manager. The agent I spoke with assured me that this was documented internally on your end.

It's now 7:46am PT, and I've heard from no one.

I'm truly at a loss with respect to the confusion and disorganization within your customer service department. At this point, I've no clue with whom I need to speak to initiate a return.

Archived