Corsair Community

Corsair Link, wrong cpu temperature

darewd

Hello,

I recently changed from the Corsair H75 and Wraith Prism, to the Corsair 115i PRO RGB. After the change, Corsair Link is showing temperatures at 90-120celsius, but ryzen master is showing 35c idle temp, 50ish under load(28c ambient nowadays).

Looks like the Link is automatically telling the 115iPro that the cpu is very warm, so the fans are always at 100%. Any way to fix this?

Settings in bios perhaps? The "big change" is that I no longer use the cpu pin on the motherboard, but the pump pin. Would changing it back fix this?

z42K9uP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You should not be running from CPU temp anyway and the cooler defaults to the more appropriate coolant temperature (H115 Pro Temp) to regulate the fans. Your issue is that your coolant temp is warm. It’s over 40C in that shot. Do you have abnormally high room or case temperatures? I would also suggest changing the pump speed from Quiet to Balanced. The lowest speed will cost you a few degrees on high core counts.

• 1 month later...

Just finished a new build yesterday of a Ryzen 2700x + Corsair 115i PRO RGB and could see Link reading very high Temps 80-100, but in my BIOS it was 42 only. Have been looking into this issue and found a review on Amazon with details of the bug in the Link software. The initial poster here seems to have the same problem as me.

Just replying here to keep an eye on this one and hopefully inform Corsair of an issue.

• 7 months later...

Its really annoying that the Temperature-Reading is wrong.

With the Commander Pro (I paid 60€ for a Fan Controller and the Software cant read Temps from a Ryzen 2700X on x470, a standart Processor and Board used by a ton of people.

Hope you can fix this any Time soon - so i dont need an extra Programm to read CPU Temp

Its really annoying that the Temperature-Reading is wrong.

With the Commander Pro (I paid 60€ for a Fan Controller and the Software cant read Temps from a Ryzen 2700X on x470, a standart Processor and Board used by a ton of people.

Hope you can fix this any Time soon - so i dont need an extra Programm to read CPU Temp

Link is EOL. This was fixed long ago in iCue.

Thats crap that they wont fix it in Link for those of us who have legacy products H100i who aren't switching to icue because they wont be able to control their liquid cooling

Just like it's crap that no one writes any games for WindowsXP and Microsoft won't release any more patches for it. I mean ... there are those of us that just really love XP, ya know? It was everything I wanted in an operating system.

Just like it's crap that no one writes any games for WindowsXP and Microsoft won't release any more patches for it. I mean ... there are those of us that just really love XP, ya know? It was everything I wanted in an operating system.

Then make a code change to include the H100i in icue so I don't need Link anymore. Next you'll be telling me I should be grateful that my liquid cooling that is 2.5 years old is only mostly obsolete.

Then make a code change to include the H100i in icue so I don't need Link anymore. Next you'll be telling me I should be grateful that my liquid cooling that is 2.5 years old is only mostly obsolete.

Nothing says buy into our eco system like releasing new software and not supporting your own hardware that was still available less than 3 years ago. The Windows XP example is kinda bunk seeing that Microsoft supported it for more than a decade.

I love Corsair and Link/iCUE, however, they have a lot of room for improvement in regards to hardware support in these systems including their attempts for vendor lock-in. Corsair would be much better off by working to support things like D-RGB lighting / Aura Sync and most importantly updating their older Link compatible devices to support iCUE.

They could easily sell D-RGB adapters to connect to the Corsair LED headers which would make the Commander Pro more valuable for the plethora of cases that include integrated RGB lighting that use D-RGB connections and are Aura Sync compatible.

TBH, resource constraints drive this more than anything. Even if extreme, the XP comparison is valid - when Microsoft dropped support for it, it was still running something like 20% of the Windows machines out there. But even a company with the resources that Microsoft has cannot support everything forever. Corsair has far, far fewer resources to do that with.

Aside from cannibalizing their own product line, there are also huge cans of worms that Corsair would open up by supporting any Aura-compatible device, especially if they wanted to provide the same kind of experience that they have with the fans - not to mention the support challenges that could potentially come from it when people don't read directions and want to load 150 LEDs on a single CoPro channel (it'd blow out the fuse). From a UI perspective, it'd be very challenging and, with it cannibalizing their own products (potentially), the business reason for it just isn't very compelling. That said, you can certainly make just such an adapter (see my signature for a post with all of the relevant part numbers) and are also available from 3rd party.

Archived