Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Lautaro46's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975162
Lautaro46 Reputation: 10
Exclamation HELP - H100i GTX + I7 4790K

Hi people! First of all I apologize for my bad English xD, I do this post because of a doubt I have for a long time and I do not have the opportunity to talk to whoever happens something similar and I've been with the same problem for years.

The theme is the following, I have an Intel I7 4790k mounted on an Asus Maximus VII Hero (with the latest update of Bios)

Currently I have the processor running at stock frequencies, with the turbo mode activated at 4.4Ghz with 1.195v voltage, and the average temperatures it gives me in games are between 68 ° and 70 ° with maximum peaks of 76 ° (the thermal paste which has placed is Artic Cooling MX4)

Clearly with these temperatures it is impossible to think of any type of OC, since when I raise the voltages to more than 1.25v, I get to have peaks over 90 ° and I am forced to cut the tests.

Now the query is the following, do you think these temperatures are normal using this type of refrigeration? I've been with this problem for years, and I never find any kind of solution to this issue, as a detail I could say that when placing the heatsink, I feel as if the back base was half loose at the time of mounting the screws, although I saw in many videos that this is so, I also tried to use rubber grommets to leave it completely rigid and still I still have the same problems ....

On the other hand, from the Corsair Link software, I can not establish personalized profiles, since I put the values ​​in the table but it seems not to respect the climbs according to the marked temperatures, however if I put any of the 3 profiles by default (Relaxed, Balanced or Performance) if it respects these values, but I would like you to recognize the values ​​in the personalized load, since even using the Performance profile the difference that I get with the Relaxed is less than 3 °.

I am waiting for your answers and from now I thank you in advance!

Tags
cooling, gtx, h100i