Corsair Community

Turn off light without CUE?

ryun

I had a bad experience with CUE v 1.8.112 driver for my Vengeance M65 RGB (see here if curious: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=143818) so I'm on version 1.3.91.

I couldn't find anything, but was there a bug with this version and keeping the lights turned off outside of the CUE software?

If I close the CUE software after shutting a light zone off (and saving it to hardware), it will come back on. However, if I save the color of the light zone to black instead of flipping the light off it will stay off. Is this normal behavior?

You need to setup a profile with all the lights off (or black) and save it to the device, then create a new profile with the lightning you want and setup that as the default profile (it can be different from the profile saved on the device memory).

When CUE is active the mouse will use the profile you setup as default, when you close CUE it will fallback on the profile you saved in the memory (with the lights off).

Thanks for the tips. I generally like to keep programs like Corsair's CUE off, as I don't really get much value from them running. I only start it up to fiddle with settings on the mouse, then close it when I'm done (while saving settings to the mouse, of course).

I've noticed that, with regards to version 1.3.91, there are some things that cannot be saved to the device. For example, you cannot save the on/off state of a zone to the hardware; you have to turn the light zone to black. Additionally, you cannot save brightness values for colors to the mouse using the "Brightness" slider, but you can create the same affect by darkening the color in the color wheel.

Just some things I have to get used to I suppose. The mouse has been great otherwise.

• Corsair Employee
There is a known issue where the solid lighting isn't being saved to mouse to disable the lighting. We're working on resolving this by the next update hopefully. You are correct though - for the zone to be off, you have to assign black to it.

• 3 years later...
There is a known issue where the solid lighting isn't being saved to mouse to disable the lighting. We're working on resolving this by the next update hopefully.

Are you still working on this by chance?

I'm still facing this issue.

Meantime, I'm going to switch to CUE to see if it does better job to save the "no light" profile to mouse.

Archived