Corsair Community

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler

Wired

Just popped up on Corsair's website.

http://www.corsair.com/products/h50/default.aspx

The Corsair Cooling™ Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler gives you the power of liquid cooling in a compact, easy-to-install package. You get superior cooling for higher overclocking performance without the complexity of traditional liquid-cooling systems.

Air-based CPU coolers simply aren’t as efficient as water coolers, and can take up too much valuable space. The compact, closed-loop Hydro Series H50 takes your CPU’s temperature to new lows and takes up less room doing it.

Features

• Pre-filled, closed-loop system is easy to install
  • Copper CPU cooling plate for maximum cooling performance
  • Integrated pump and reservoir is sealed for zero maintenance and improved leakage protection
  • Large 120mm radiator for fast heat dispersion
  • High-efficiency, low-noise 120mm fan for drawing cool air across the radiator
  • Two-year warranty

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Includes mounting brackets for Intel LGA775 and LGA1366 socket motherboards. Brackets for AMD socket AM2 and AM3 motherboards are available for a nominal shipping and handling charge by contacting Corsair Technical Support.
I'd assume the 1156 brackets would be available similar to the AMD brackets.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the "3-pin" power connector. Because I know some motherboards are likely to have issues. And it also means you won't have as much total power to the unit, though that might not make any difference.

I guess these things won't be a deal breaker... but I'm still not sure I can hold out till the "end of the month". I need a better cooling solution Now! :wall:

I'm somewhat disappointed by the "3-pin" power connector. Because I know some motherboards are likely to have issues. And it also means you won't have as much total power to the unit, though that might not make any difference.

I guess these things won't be a deal breaker... but I'm still not sure I can hold out till the "end of the month". I need a better cooling solution Now! :wall:

Just finished testing this H-50 on my HTPC: Asus Rampage ll Gene i7 965 & it rocks. No prob. with 3 pin power source, 12v is plenty. I got 20 degrees lower temps than the included Intel, "loud as HELL" air cooling solution.

Plenty of room to spare in my Lian Li HTPC case. I have never seen a liquid cooling unit that was this darn easy to install, it's perfect for HTPC completely silent under 100% Everest load @ 64c. Corsair you have a natural hit with this unit & I thank you for the opportunity to be 1 of the 1rst to try it out. I can see this unit installed in a lot of cases that have little room to spare for a pump Rad., hoses, reservoir & CPU cooler & it doesn't require a lot of plumbing experience that's associated with liquid cooling. Kudos to the Corsair engineering team.

i have been trying to find out where to buy this cpu cooler

i wrote custumer service at corsair and they dont know

just lost a cpu to overheating and want to cool off my new quad

any help would be appriciated

thx

I'm considering buying a H50, but I have a doubt. Does the cooler come with 8 screws to mount it with two fans, in a Push-Pull configuration? If not, does Corsair send you the extra four screws upon request?

ok

basic cpu fan

asusp5q pro turbo

intel quad 9400...2.66

bios at defaults...no overclocking

ran real temp....38c no load

ran torture test full load.....89c

i stopped test after reaching 89c...couple mins

i hooked up the cooler

had to take mb out to install back plate

fan and rad would not fit in my case so i have it wired into position...no problem

everything the same

no load...34c

ran torture test full load...42c...10 mins

pulled out fan plug...temps rose a couple degrees

pulled out pump plug and temps climbed to 90c in seconds

turned off computer

seems to be working nicely for me

tomorrow will reinstall cpu fan and do it all over

will report back

• Corsair Employee
I'm considering buying a H50, but I have a doubt. Does the cooler come with 8 screws to mount it with two fans, in a Push-Pull configuration? If not, does Corsair send you the extra four screws upon request?

The unit will support a push/pull configuration, however the unit does not ship with an extra 4 screws to attach a second fan.

I'm fairly new at all this thermal stuff, but, isn't the idea of blowing hot air "into" the case the complete opposite of what you need? This only cools the CPU so all that hot air is going to get sucked into the graphics cards, etc. It's going to blow right over your memory sticks!

Surely the only reason to get a Water Cooling product is if you are Over Clocking which in itself generates a lot of in case heat so this would be rather counter productive. Especially if everything else is air cooled.

It really needs for the research guys (& girls) to come up with something new and revolutionary to cool things. Something that can chill the water or air without creating condensation problems. A system that keeps the air in the case at (for example) 20 degrees and the water in the loops at 21 degrees?

Anyway, I think I'll stick to my plans of getting a "Leading brand" air cooler with 2 fans rather than this as I don't see an advantage.

Another question, when replacing the stock fan of the H50 with another one, what would be the better choice: a fan with high static pressure levels ou a fan with high CFM?

I have made a post on mine here:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=79600

I'm not sure if i should mention other companys here but there is a well known brand that does a 1900rpm fan 93 air flow. Make sure that is it 25mm thick as the scews included only cater for that width. The only down side is the noise as the air is hitting alot of solid matter right away. I have mine on a speed controller made by another well known brand

My i7 920 is overclocked to 3.8Ghz it peaked at 74c with an hours prime95 x64

I'm fairly new at all this thermal stuff, but, isn't the idea of blowing hot air "into" the case the complete opposite of what you need? This only cools the CPU so all that hot air is going to get sucked into the graphics cards, etc. It's going to blow right over your memory sticks!

Surely the only reason to get a Water Cooling product is if you are Over Clocking which in itself generates a lot of in case heat so this would be rather counter productive. Especially if everything else is air cooled.

It really needs for the research guys (& girls) to come up with something new and revolutionary to cool things. Something that can chill the water or air without creating condensation problems. A system that keeps the air in the case at (for example) 20 degrees and the water in the loops at 21 degrees?

Anyway, I think I'll stick to my plans of getting a "Leading brand" air cooler with 2 fans rather than this as I don't see an advantage.

Ok with my setup the air is blowing into the case. But like I have just said in another thread the air coming in off the radiator is very cold with the 2 fan configuration. So i'm actually not adding warmer air into the case, quite the oposite. Lots of cold air is coming through there and the overall case temp is very low. As i put my hand into the case it feels like its going into a fridge. Of course I also have good ventalation coming in from the front and out the top as well. But this is a good thing to do no matter what configuration you have.

I really would recomend this for the price change even with the exta cost of adding another fan. You really dont have to worry about extra heat coming in!

I have made a post on mine here:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=79600

I'm not sure if i should mention other companys here but there is a well known brand that does a 1900rpm fan 93 air flow. Make sure that is it 25mm thick as the scews included only cater for that width. The only down side is the noise as the air is hitting alot of solid matter right away. I have mine on a speed controller made by another well known brand

My i7 920 is overclocked to 3.8Ghz it peaked at 74c with an hours prime95 x64

That wasn't what I asked...

Archived