Corsair Community

How do I macro/remap/whatever the Left mouse button?

Tyg420

Hello, I want to make a macro that spams click. But it seems the option to bind ANYTHING to the left mouse button is greyed out, I can select the right click and pretty much any other button, but I want my macro to be on the left click. I've misunderstood things in this software before so i'm going to assume thats the case again, I cant imagine corsair disabling the option to bind the left mouse click, and having literally every other key on the keyboard/mouse work. Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
We had that option in the past, but we ran into a lot of customers who unbind it and wasn't able to to reconfigure the left click back to default function so we decided to remove that option to avoid that problem.

We had that option in the past, but we ran into a lot of customers who unbind it and wasn't able to to reconfigure the left click back to default function so we decided to remove that option to avoid that problem.

That's a shame, instead of disabling you could have had a "hold these 4 buttons for x amount of seconds to reset left click"

there is a workaround but I will tell you it doesn't go well most of the time? It is really hard to remember the left click cannot be pressed. You just edit the protected from some xml file. I bet it still works, i tired it a version or two ago.

That sounds like a stupid way to ruin a mouse, why not have 3 warning pop ups when people bind it, why not restrict people to rebind that UNLESS an alternative bind has been made (they could forget it, but pressing every button will eventually solve it). Or why not have a "advanced/expert" mode where its enabled? This sounds like limiting a car capable of 300kmph to 150 because some people woulnd't be able to use it responsibly. I left Razer for Corsair because of the apparently more durable equipment. Because replacing every Razer item every 6 months just gets too pricy. But with Corsair I feel extremely restricted, I have a K95 keyboard with 6 keys (with horrible ugly caps that give the same look the G710+ has, which is the main reason I replaced that keyboard ) because the version with more keys was gone. Why? I dont know. And now it turns out the mouse is extremely restricted aswell. Having gear for macros but not being able to properly use macros is.. ?????? to me. Shoulnd't the entire idea of macros/remaps/whatever be that you can create something YOU need in YOUR way because you need something CUSTOM?

This really needs to be allowed as an option (maybe after setting some hidden option that says you really know what you are doing) so that you can swap the mouse buttons at the hardware level. Swapping the mouse buttons is necessary for people that use the mouse with their left hand.

Swapping the mouse buttons using the Windows control panel option doesn't work very wells as many games and even some applications (e.g., VNC, RDP) read the raw mouse buttons and don't honor that setting. I hacked my configuration files and it works flawlessly, but periodically the setting will get reset and I'll need to go in and hack them again to get it working.

• 6 months later...

lot of customers who ran into problem with missing left button?

you mean cusdumbers?

who cares i have 3more mouses plugged on my computer to solve that problem anytime

just ignore the cusdumbers with low IQ who would ran into darwin award

• 4 weeks later...

how can we do this without wasting useful buttons, it frustrates me so much right now!! still waiting on answers.....

I am using corsair software for years, got a couple devices (K95, sabre, scimitar, scimitar pro) and always had a great support if i talk about replace an defect item and response times.

My story:

The last year i needed to use the old icue for the following reasons:

- The new dynamic interface isn't user friendly and need to resize it everyday at startup for my 1280*1024 resolution.

- Then UI gives a lag to my games when opened on an other screen. (GTX1080/i7-6gen)

- Cant change my device settings with the new iCue

- Cant use my old macro's

Last week I did buy a new harpoon RGB wireless mice, this did start my problems, and asking myself if i am doing a wise thing with by not returning the product, because I cant use the old cue with this device, only the non-wireless is supported.

Conclusion:

I am more then just disappointed about the whole new iCue, i would even express this with other words, but better not :), but, I rather have a crashing iCue 2.0 then this crap.

Tell me now where does this software excel compared to others, why did you change this... ? It all seems useless for me now.

Anybody some solution/hack/idea, to set device settings manually ?

I am more disappointed because I plannend to use my old devices by embedding them in later projects, for example a foot switch, created from an old mouse.

Edited by Danny van Liero

• 1 year later...

This is not acceptable - if I buy a mouse with programmable keys is to do it. Your answer is not very clear - our customers have problems with missed up the configuration- any users who have a programmable mouse have other mouses. The solution to use the windows control panel to change the designation is not a solution - I buy a programmable buttons mouse and I want to do it . Steelseries, HyperX (the brands of my other mouses) allow you to change the left button. So you says the customers of corsair are not too smart like the customers of other brands. I hate to return a purchase. But your mouse is useless for me.

Me case : I work using left hand for mouse and work with remote desktop . Change the buttons in windows is not a solution because when a I access to another desktop my mouse are inverted and I cant work in the remote desktop.