Corsair Community

Cooling issues with H115i since switching to iCue

codymjss

Ever since I switched to the new iCue software last week my cpu temps have been all over the place.

It seems the software only recognizes my custom fan curve maybe half the time I start my PC.

The other problem I believe to be related to the pump, and this is a much more frequent issue. Almost like its not getting power, or the speed of the pump isn't 'clicking.' The software will display pump and fan speed, and let me change them however the actual speed of the pump and fans remain the same. Only the name of the profile under pump and fan changes, not the speeds. Like its frozen, but I can still navigate the software.

On Battlefield 1 for example when the pump and fan speeds work appropriately my CPU temps stay around 52-55c on 70-100% load, but when iCue decides not to kick in they jump to 65c or more.

The only temporary fix I've found is to restart my computer over and over until iCue decides to "click", and tell my aio what to do.

I've checked all my connections, and they're fine. I've used new cables, and nothing changes. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled iCue etc.

Is this a common bug? Am I missing something? I'm a relative newcomer to the PC world so if I left out some crucial information please let me know.

Thanks.

First, your fan curve should be based on your coolant temperature, NOT your CPU temperature. Take a look at the Liquid Cooler FAQ for details.

Second ... and to your issue ... try restarting the Corsair Service. That's where those readings come from and sometimes it gets locked up. A restart usually helps. From there, can you export your logs?

Finally ... are you running any other monitoring applications? Specifically, anything that reads the values from the cooler as well?

Okay, I'll read up on that.

By Corsair Service do you mean iCue, and do you mean the debugging log?

The only other monitoring program I run in tandem with iCue is MSI afterburner for gpu,cpu, and fps monitoring.

I think your issue is one I occasionally have. icue monitoring freezes up and it won't fix unless a full system reboot. Even closing icue down and re-opening won't cause the temp readings to unfreeze. This causes a problem for my gpu because I run my h115i custom profile off my gpu temp and when icue monitoring freezes it only reads whatever temp it froze at.

I think your issue is one I occasionally have. icue monitoring freezes up and it won't fix unless a full system reboot. Even closing icue down and re-opening won't cause the temp readings to unfreeze. This causes a problem for my gpu because I run my h115i custom profile off my gpu temp and when icue monitoring freezes it only reads whatever temp it froze at.

Restarting iCue by itself won't unfreeze it if the service is frozen. You'll need to restart the service. Sometimes you can do this without restarting iCue but usually not, especially if it's frozen. In that case, exit iCue, restart the "Corsair Service" and then start iCue.

I just decided to revert back to Link and the older CUE software. iCue was far more hassle than it was worth. It worked less than half the time, and never consistently.

Kinda poor on Corsair's part to release an obviously unfinished software...

• Corsair Employee
I just decided to revert back to Link and the older CUE software. iCue was far more hassle than it was worth. It worked less than half the time, and never consistently.

Kinda poor on Corsair's part to release an obviously unfinished software...

Software is a finicky product because it has to support an undefinable number of system configurations. However, just because it doesn't work on your system, doesn't mean its "unfinished." Look at Windows for example....would that be "unfinished?"

We will evaluate your logs and see what the cause of the issue is, however.

yeah i reverted back to CUE too. i think you should have the choice to have the icue control cooler or to have corsair link do it. with icue i had the same problems as you codymjss. i`d like to update to it one day maybe but only if they let me choose if i want it to control my h115i or not. plus they need to update the ui for controlling the coolers too its not good.

Software is a finicky product because it has to support an undefinable number of system configurations. However, just because it doesn't work on your system, doesn't mean its "unfinished." Look at Windows for example....would that be "unfinished?"

We will evaluate your logs and see what the cause of the issue is, however.

Comparing Windows to a program like iCue is a bit of a false equivalence, yeah? Thanks for checking out my logs though. Hopefully they'll help you finish the program for people still using it. I would recommend putting a disclaimer somewhere around the update options warning users of the issues.

• 4 months later...

Coming from the manager of a product that an end user is having a problem with, that comes across as (1) overly defensive and (2) blaming the user. Not a good look for a company, imo.

FWIW, he's not the only one having problems with iCUE and the H115i. I had exactly the same issue with it and uninstalled iCUE completely because of it. CorsairLink4 works fine to control my cooler, and I prefer giving up my lighting controls to iCUE running the cooler pump at full blast all day.

Also FWIW, I've had enough issues with the CUE and iCUE software that I'm looking at Razer or Asus peripherals instead. Razer has the added advantage of working with my Philips Hue lighting system, so there's that.

• Corsair Employee
Coming from the manager of a product that an end user is having a problem with, that comes across as (1) overly defensive and (2) blaming the user. Not a good look for a company, imo.

FWIW, he's not the only one having problems with iCUE and the H115i. I had exactly the same issue with it and uninstalled iCUE completely because of it. CorsairLink4 works fine to control my cooler, and I prefer giving up my lighting controls to iCUE running the cooler pump at full blast all day.

This should've been addressed with a new version of iCUE. Are you still seeing this issue with your cooler?

And yeah, in no where in James' statement where he blamed the user. I'm just confused as to how you got that impression.

This should've been addressed with a new version of iCUE. Are you still seeing this issue with your cooler?

Yep. Latest version, installed (then uninstalled) last night. The H115i ran at high speed no matter what I did. As soon as I uninstalled iCUE and CorsairLink4 took over again, everything was back to normal.

The lack of any settings in iCUE for the cooler was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I was willing to deal with CUE's weirdnesses (sometimes losing touch with my keyboard, for example) in order to have the cool lighting effects on my keyboard, mouse, mouse surface, and headset holder. But when it sent my cooler pump into continuous overdrive ... that was it. I uninstalled it and am back to near silence (except with heavy duty gaming).

I've got a few hundred $ worth of Razer gear on the way, so we'll see how that goes. At least Razer's software won't try to possess my H115i :evil:

(FWIW, I am a fan of Corsair's hardware. I've got a couple of keyboards, multiple mice, numerous power supplies, Corsair RAM in my PCs, etc. And CorsairLink4 is great. It's just CUE that has been a disappointment.)

I also have this issue with my H115i. Soon as I start playing Fans run up to 100% and will not adjust. And yes I have set up a custom profile to keep fans at 40%.

Make sure you have actually applied the profile to the fans. When active, both the fan profile (quiet, balance, extreme, or your custom profiles) will highlight yellow and so will the fan or pump you want to control. You must click the profile first, then click the fan or pump.

I too have a H115i. I too have a multitude of problems with iCue. My issues are documented on a different thread, but some of them are the same as issues described here.

With all due respect, iCue does not appear to be ready for prime time. I too am forced to go back to Link to get stable and more trustworthy results and behavior. It is extremely disappointing that development of Link was pulled before there is a stable replacement.

As for the comparison to windows - that is most definitely not a finished product. It got pulled 4 days after release, re-started on 14th November, and is still flawed.

But don't feel like Robinson Crusoe. This is becoming standard practice for software developers - let the plebs test the software and suffer the frustrations. DVDFab is another one that releases new versions of it's programs that are nowhere near ready. I could list dozens. It's an appalling trend.

I recently had several problems with several Corsair coolers. Corsair's support in replacing all of these coolers was exceptional, and my loyalty to corsair was unwavering. Until I installed iCue. It reminds me of the Cam software on NZXT's coolers and now I find myself planning to replace the dozen Corsair Coolers, and a number of Commander Pros in 2019.

It's s shame that a piece of software can have such a massive negative impact on the usability of the hardware products and peoples perceptions.

• 1 month later...

I am also having these exact problems with the h115i + iCUE combo.

- Dashboard freezing

- iCUE backround services tanking my CPU with 52% load (??!?!)

- I can´t find any info within iCUE telling me how to create a custom fan profile (Not a massive issue since it´s pretty easy to google, but it should be there.)

Another strange thing (or maybe i am just stupid) is that when i close down iCUE, my h115i goes back to the normal "rainbow effect", while my Vengeance RGB PRO sticks keep their custom lighting effects.

As long as iCUE is hitting my CPU with 52% load i won´t be able to use any other effects for my cooler, which is a bummer.

I am also having these exact problems with the h115i + iCUE combo.

- Dashboard freezing

- iCUE backround services tanking my CPU with 52% load (??!?!)

- I can´t find any info within iCUE telling me how to create a custom fan profile (Not a massive issue since it´s pretty easy to google, but it should be there.)

Another strange thing (or maybe i am just stupid) is that when i close down iCUE, my h115i goes back to the normal "rainbow effect", while my Vengeance RGB PRO sticks keep their custom lighting effects.

As long as iCUE is hitting my CPU with 52% load i won´t be able to use any other effects for my cooler, which is a bummer.

Can you check if Full Software control is enabled for the RAM? If so, disable it.

I to am done with corsair products. Been waiting for a long time for all these issues to be fixed. Seems its not going to happen.

my headphones are tied to my cooler and my fans my psu etc...WHAT?

Thats crazy. I dont want one program for all that.

Im going to try and rma these headphones.

Never have addressed the massive cpu use issues.

Never fixed that in link either. What? Did you give up? lmao.

I to am done with corsair products. Been waiting for a long time for all these issues to be fixed. Seems its not going to happen.

my headphones are tied to my cooler and my fans my psu etc...WHAT?

Thats crazy. I dont want one program for all that.

Im going to try and rma these headphones.

Never have addressed the massive cpu use issues.

Never fixed that in link either. What? Did you give up? lmao.

I feel you. I was making an all Corsair PC. except for the mobo and GPU and only because they don't make them.

Now i was only missing SSD and watercooler... And the new ASUS BIOS came around and made my RAM dissapear. Now i cannot control the lighting in my Vengeance PRO rgb cause iCUE doesn't play well with the new bios and the only answer i've been getting from users (because no one from corsair jumped in to help) was "downgrade your bios"...

Screw it, i'm selling the ll's, RAMs, Void, Mouse & Keyboard and PSU and will see which way i change it...

It's a shame because i've been in love with Corsair all this time, but now i feel like they don't even care when their software goes wrong.

A simple "we're working on it, a solution is coming" would have been enough to calm me down, not even that...

Archived