Corsair Community

Bulldog and Lapdog FAQ

• Corsair Employee
It is a shame there's such a gap between Bulldog's release and Lapdog's, particularly when they were designed to complement each other. Though I want to hold out for those products, Corsair could offer an RGB gaming bundle of the Strafe, Scimitar and Void...

After looking over the HG10 980's specs, could it accept a Quadro M5000 instead of an M6000, given they are the same dimensions?

Dimensions may be the same but screw mounting patterns may not be, so I can't guarantee any compatibility there.

Hi, when I can expect PSU SF600 availability?

I don't want to buy that loud silverstone unit..

Soon.

Well Bulldog is due in December, so it might launch with the kits.

Bulldog's been pushed out to January for a CES launch.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dustin -

Does Corsair do pre-orders for new products? I wouldn't mind putting down a few hundred dollars today to be put near the top of the Bulldog shipping list.

[edit]

Follow-up question, what are the final external dimensions of the Bulldog?

[2nd Edit]

Found this: 43.18cm x 38.1cm x 12.7cm. [source: http://wccftech.com/corsair-has-let-the-bulldog-out-of-the-cage-along-with-the-lapdog/]; is this still accurate? Or have redesigns shrunk the overall size?

Edited by Falk3r

Dustin,

1) Now that CES has come and gone, is there any updated release date available for Bulldog?

2) Can you share the mobo specs for the Bulldog yet? Can you at least share the supported DDR4 speeds/specs?

3) Will any standard 980ti be compatible with Bulldog's water cooling, albeit perhaps with some modification? Is there going to be the option to buy just the raw, cooler-less version of the advertised Corsair/MSI 980ti? The Hydro GFX on Corsair.com seems to come with the cooling solution bundled.

4) Is there a recommended Corsair DDR4 set for Bulldog?

Thanks!

Edited by rx.tx

• 2 weeks later...
1) Now that CES has come and gone, is there any updated release date available for Bulldog?

Probably end-March at the earliest.

2) Can you share the mobo specs for the Bulldog yet? Can you at least share the supported DDR4 speeds/specs?

The motherboard used at CES with Bulldog was the Gigabyte Z170-WIFI; full specs on what RAM it can take is here. However, you don't have to use that model in particular, as it will accommodate any H170/Z170 Mini-ITX motherboard.

4) Is there a recommended Corsair DDR4 set for Bulldog?

Obviously the higher the clock speed, the better performance you will get from them. Maximum RAM capacity for Mini-ITX is 32GB via two DIMM slots; Amazon is currently selling Dominator Platinum 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 as a pair of chips for $150.

• 2 weeks later...
I would very much like to see this take a K95 RGB board

^^ THIS! I've been searching everywhere for something that'll fit on my lap with my k95 and a mouse pad. Lapdog is my favorite solution by far, so please make a model that fits the K95! Seems silly there wouldn't be one for your flagship keyboard anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

The Lapdog has been delayed into Q2, unfortunately, but not really surprising given the company have kept quiet since CES 2016; most likely to make improvements following user-feedback at the event.

As for a date, usually they indicate the month when a new product is available instead of what day it will be...

I know it's frustrating for those who want an exact answer, but Corsair prefer to make sure everything's fully tested before release. Most other companies don't.

Edited by Hyncharas

My guess is they are delaying the Bulldog for Pascal. We probably won't hear any confirmation on this until the press interviews them at Upgrade Australia (April 13th) or PAX East (April 22nd) Edited by jrepetti

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Its awesome that the Lapdog is finally available to order but whatever happened to a target of $90?

When will it be available and how much will it cost?

Lapdog is expected around the same time as Bulldog. We're targeting an MSRP of $89 for just the lapboard and $199 for the lapboard and keyboard bundle.

The original design at CES had three ports on the side, but these were most likely USB 2.0 - now there are two external ports and an internal 4-port hub, which are all USB 3.0. The cost of that change alone could raise it by at least $20. The mousepad's height itself is also at least 2" taller than it was before, offering an 11"x11" surface area with a smaller cable compartment.

Just a quick query, can you still use a K70 RGB with it instead (the keyboards offered on the product page are one-colour K70s)?

Edited by Hyncharas

• 2 weeks later...