Corsair Community

Mystic light 3 and hd120 fans

Smyth

Please help!

I have six hd120 fans all connected to the corsair hub that then goes to the jcorsair1 header on my msi z370 gaming pro carbon motherboard. I can control everything fine now with the mystic light 3 software except the fifth fan. I set everything to a static color but the fifth fan has two led's colored correctly while the rest are cycling through colors like its set to the rainbow setting.

I swapped fan six with five in the hub to see if the problem is the fan or the hub. Lo and behold the sixth fan that normally worked fine is doing the same thing in the fifth spot on the hub. Thankfully I have another hub. I put it in and the problem persists. I'm to the point now thinking the problem is the motherboard or there's some software issue.

I've recently updated icue as well to 3.12.118 to control my mouse and keyboard dpi and polling rates and what not. Mystic light 3 controls the rgb fine with them. Any advice will help!!!

I agree with DevBiker, Another way of testing it, if you don't have CoPro and LNP is to test it with the manual controller. The RGB Hub is pretty simple the only electronic component in it is one bypass capacitor for cleaning the 5v power. The rest is just traces and headers. If the only issue is with MSI, then I would engage them.

Ok so there is no static color option when you just select any single type of fan so selected the marquee option for the ll120. Now the Sixth fan is screwing up!!! I'm confident this is a software issue which is kind of relieving i guess. I'm off to the MSI forums!

While not a cure for the current issue, I have to think you would be better off getting RGB Lighting Hub and moving the Corsair RGB control over to iCUE. The Mystic Light controls are so different, I am not sure how they interact with all the things you would be able to do in iCUE. Mystic Light and iCUE do seem to get along. I've had them running together for a few weeks without issue.

I'd would like to switch to icue but the rest of my components probably wont work there and there arent enough rgb headers on my z370 gaming pro carbon mobo. Can icue control the fans through the jcorsair1 header?

No, iCUE cannot control the fans through the JCORSAIR header. Only through a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro.

Archived