Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 problem

devboy

Hi guys, wondering if someone can help me.

I'm having an issue with my 2000 wireless. when it's turned on, I can hear a noise, almost like wind is blowing. this only occurs when my microphone is lowered, and seems to go away when I have it flipped up. The noise can also be heard by other people when I'm in skype calls. I've tested this and its as if im experience a strong gust of wind in my room...

I've updated the drivers, and looked at every possible setting. Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks,

Devboy

Just had exactly the same m8, was gaming away on a bit of borderlands 2 in a skype call with the lady friend. All going okay and happy as larry then BAM super loud crackling in my ears and on her end, only way to stop it is to lift the mic up just like you said there. Even if I lower the mic then mute it via the vengeance control panel it still crackles, completely out of the blue as well. Sent a question over to corsair about it, if they get back to me I'll PM it over to ya.

Nyx.

No worries m8, did it happen completely out of the blue for you as well? i'd been on skype for a good couple of hours then the noise just came out of no where. Thought it was interference at first until i lifted the mic and that stopped it.

This is normal for the Vengeance 2000.

Q: How does microphone loopback work on the Vengeance 2000 wireless headset?

A:

Microphone loopback relays your microphone's input into the headphones. It helps you verify that your microphone is working, and helps keep you from speaking too loudly or too softly.

Loopback is enabled automatically. It's automatically disabled when the microphone boom is rotated up to mute the microphone.

Source: Audio FAQ

Just curious m8 but did you read either of our posts? Neither of us have said the Mic Is looping back or we can hear ourselves.. for me personally it is a loud almost interference like crackling until the Mic is raised up. I could understand your response if my post had stated "I'm sat here making crackling sounds into my Mic and I can hear it back.. why is that?" Know ya probably just trying to help but try understanding the issue before just diving in and calling it normal.

• Corsair Employee
Got to give it a bit more time than 3 hours for a reply :): But go ahead and request a RMA Nyxzy. I have seen this issue with one other person where they sound like they were in a wind tunnel and a replacement resolved it.

Okay, odd update, just got home and fired the comp up. No bad sounds at all out of the headset? Any idea of anything that could temporarily cause the interference I mentioned? Because having just looked, it'll cost me £30+ to ship this headset to where Corsair want me to send it. So if I can dodge that cost that'd be a bonus.

Some news?

I've got exactly the same problem so they proposed me an RMA , sadly I speak english very bad, cuz i'm from belgium and I speak french.

So , anyone who receive a new headset for replacement can confirm that the problem is ok after?

because I bought this headset with all the money I got from my birthday So I have not much money to send many packs to where Corsaire want me to send the old headset ^^'

• Corsair Employee
Some news?

I've got exactly the same problem so they proposed me an RMA , sadly I speak english very bad, cuz i'm from belgium and I speak french.

So , anyone who receive a new headset for replacement can confirm that the problem is ok after?

because I bought this headset with all the money I got from my birthday So I have not much money to send many packs to where Corsaire want me to send the old headset ^^'

You can contact our customer service for assistance.

Archived